Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The class of 2014

Hi

I would definitely be interested in any recce runs (Mainly weekends) and helping out as a support on your round. I am hoping to have a crack at the BG in 2015, so this would be a perfect way to gain more experience and pick like minded brains!

river caldew is deep at about 4.5 ft in places at moment this was saturday

Going to do a recce of leg 1 tomorrow, Sunday 10th. Coming over from Northumberland for a 07:45ish clockwise start.

Hi,
    I would be very interested to meet up as I too am planning an attempt in 2014. I dont know anyone one who wants to do BGR and so am keen to meet other likeminded folk to train with and potentially attempt with. I am 58, retired and live in London but have no problem coming up the the Lakes as much as is necessary. I would be new to the fells but have a background in Ultra racing including completing the West Highland way Race in 2011. Please count me in if you are making any plans to the Lakes where it would be good to meet you.

James.

I'll keep up with this thread too and offer help if life allows. I've met a few people on the thread already and made a couple of unsuccessful attempts in 2011. I've helped on a few rounds and so know the demands on supporting an attempt.

alwaysinjured
    Sorry guys. By now I had been expecting to have organised a few things.
    But as some of you may know, after 30years without, I had a car accident a couple of weeks ago which has left me shaken,and carless, as I will be for a week or so more...

I am wondering whether to do a facebook group, since that emails all contributers to a thread of additional posts, so acts both as a forum and an email alert system

Wow, I hope you get sorted and back with wheels soon.

I know of a couple of BGR groups on Facebook already but I'm not sure if they are closed groups or not.

Starting my BGR campaign this weekend, weather permitting.
    Sat pm : Honister-Keswick
    Sun : Keswick - Threlkeld
    Mon: Thelkeld - Dunmail.
    All at a sedate recce pace.
    Any company welcome.
    Aiming for a CW round late may/early june.
    cheers
    Max

I am down this Sunday with 3 or 4 club mates that are attempting next year, all were supporters on my round, we will be aiming to stick to a sub 23:30 hour pace.

Best regards

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I am down this Sunday with 3 or 4 club mates that are attempting next year, all were supporters on my round, we will be aiming to stick to a sub 23:30 hour pace.

Best regards

Tahr
    Good run from Threlkeld to Dunmail with Tahr and Junior Norseman, clagged in for most of it but met 2 other teams recceing and some support runners. Juniors observation says it all....'Dad, all the other runners we met were so friendly'..... good on you guys, left a good impression on a 16 yr old BG aspirant.