Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIGGER 2014..The story so far...

Master

Re: The Trigger

I like the bit underneath the weather that says:

Local Information for Bleaklow Hill
    Special Offers For Bleaklow Hill
    Hotels and B&B's in Bleaklow Hill
    Homes For Sale/Rent In Bleaklow Hill
    Powered by Ugali.

PM'd you Johnny

Hi All,

Due to the very wet weather we have been having recently we have today agreed with United Utilities that we will make a minor change to the route across Sliddens Moss (which is on route from Black Hill to Crowden) in order to reduce the footfall.

As detailed in No 2 of the Details page - On leaving Black Hill Trig checkpoint follow the Pennine Way until the marker flag (just before pond). After leaving the PW run on your planned route towards Sliddens Moss. On reaching the fence which crosses Sliddens Moss you must cross using the stile at SE 073 035. This is about 75m west of the usual stile/crossing point. The stile will be well marked. After crossing the stile you are free to return to your own route down into Crowden.

The landowners are concerned about the path that is being created across the moss. Sliddens is the sight of an RSPB spagnum moss trial which is currently in progress. We have permission to cross this area and in exchange we have agreed to try and eliminate this path. So .....
    a) Please try and spread out
    b) Use the designated stile to cross the fence
    c) Try and avoid the areas that have been cut by the RSPB and marked out with small pegs.
    If you intended to descend to Crowden via the Pennine Way this information does not concern you. Many thanks.

PS Please bake / bring cakes. Weather looking good but cold. I'd personally like a bit more clag .....see you Sunday!
    Last edited by Nicky; 12-01-2013 at 09:46 AM.

We met up this morning and set up the finish area.

Nicky and Steve have gone up on to Blackhill to mark the new route. From what Steve has said it is imperative that we go to the other stile if the race is to get permission to run next year.
    Big canes and a sign post will mark the way.
    Photos will be posted of the minor route change on the website later.

We're doing the double again this year, it's a combo of Penistone, Dark Peak and White Peak runners, see you Sunday morning nice and bright! Pip pip !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crows den View Post
    We're doing the double again this year, it's a combo of Penistone, Dark Peak and White Peak runners, see you Sunday morning nice and bright! Pip pip !!!!
    Any special orders for breakfast
    Looks like another good night for you. proably better as there isn't much ice about

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Any special orders for breakfast
    Looks like another good night for you. proably better as there isn't much ice about
    Nice coffee Ian would be good!

As Ian said Steve and I went up onto Black Hill and Sliddens Moss this afternoon. It's cold and crisp up there with some nice hoar frost!

We have marked the stile up and also put a Blue road arrow on the brow of the hill. If you leave the path where the arrow is and run down the patch of grass (just visible behind the far left marker in the right hand photo) you come across a trod that leads you round to the right of the bogs/tussocks and then to the stile. It's far better than leaving the path later on as the further east you are the more tussocks there are. I've inserted photos below but if they don't show it well enough look on www.trigger.org.uk Thanks a lot everyone.

Attachment 6686Attachment 6687

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    As Ian said Steve and I went up onto Black Hill and Sliddens Moss this afternoon. It's cold and crisp up there with some nice hoar frost!

We have marked the stile up and also put a Blue road arrow on the brow of the hill. If you leave the path where the arrow is and run down the patch of grass (just visible behind the far left marker in the right hand photo) you come across a trod that leads you round to the right of the bogs/tussocks and then to the stile. It's far better than leaving the path later on as the further east you are the more tussocks there are. I've inserted photos below but if they don't show it well enough look on www.trigger.org.uk Thanks a lot everyone.

Attachment 6686Attachment 6687
    Great pictures Nicky, love the tiger stripes

Just finished the 1st of my 2 meals in anticipation of the calories to be used tomorrow.Kit bag sorted, cake-not quite baked and advance apologies - sampled a slice as part of the carbo loading process . See you in the morning folks - I'll be the one in the 5 layers, no less, if you include the vest.

Crows den - big respect - may join you next year...........

Btw - there will be a minor game of football in progress as I'm finishing - if any of you fast folk could let me know the latest score (where's Ian R when you need him:wink it will aid the recovery process.
    This BG round & the training therein is dedicated to the fond memory of Daz H - there is no such word as can't.