Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: 100 fell races in 2013.

  1. #31
    Admin brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cononley
    Posts
    3,355
    Cononley was your worst nightmare (well, mine!)

    Four of us spent a couple of hours marking out the course.

    How did everyone go wrong?

    The Farmer who lets us run over his land was standing behind me at the finish line absolutely livid and jumping up and down - freaking hysterical

    He has stated there will not be a Cononley Fell Race this year.

    Heyho...

  2. #32
    Admin brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cononley
    Posts
    3,355
    Def. restored my faith in fellrunners.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Cononley was your worst nightmare (well, mine!)

    Four of us spent a couple of hours marking out the course.

    How did everyone go wrong?

    The Farmer who lets us run over his land was standing behind me at the finish line absolutely livid and jumping up and down - freaking hysterical

    He has stated there will not be a Cononley Fell Race this year.

    Heyho...
    Hi Brett, I saw the farmer at the end, he did look proper p*ssed off. I was going to ask him if I could try and retrace my steps and look for my keys. I thought better of it, the guy was frightening. I think we all got lost after being mesmerised by the amazing air display, best I've ever seen.... I wonder if them keys ever turned up?
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

  4. #34
    Master Amex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Waddington
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Hi Brett, I saw the farmer at the end, he did look proper p*ssed off. I was going to ask him if I could try and retrace my steps and look for my keys. I thought better of it, the guy was frightening. I think we all got lost after being mesmerised by the amazing air display, best I've ever seen.... I wonder if them keys ever turned up?
    Temporally misplaced Darren temporally misplaced,
    I was gutted as I was only 2 mins off winning time of year before, I came in about 14th I though I was in another dimension alas Brett was being sensible.
    Going to try again....

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Temporally misplaced Darren temporally misplaced,
    I was gutted as I was only 2 mins off winning time of year before, I came in about 14th I though I was in another dimension alas Brett was being sensible.
    How's it going Mate, hope you and Alison are well. Have a belter in Ireland and drink the place dry.

    Felt for Brett on the day, especially dealing with the irate farmer. When we crossed the line Brett said we have all smashed the course record or gone wrong.... We had obviously gone wrong. See you soon champ.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

  6. #36
    Master lantern rouge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Langley
    Posts
    1,062
    Darren, I don't know how you do it, but it's great to read about and see you at races.

    If you make it to Teggs, there'll be spot prize with your name on it.

    Keep free of injuries mate and hope to see you soon.

    Simon
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

    Simon Cartledge

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by lantern rouge View Post
    Darren, I don't know how you do it, but it's great to read about and see you at races.

    If you make it to Teggs, there'll be spot prize with your name on it.

    Keep free of injuries mate and hope to see you soon.

    Simon
    All the best mate with your BG training, the time and effort you guys put into this is inspirational.

    Unfortunately Teggs clashes with Borrowdale, but one day mate Teggs will have to be ticked off my list.

    take care and look after that knee.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Buxton
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by lantern rouge View Post
    Darren, I don't know how you do it, but it's great to read about and see you at races.

    If you make it to Teggs, there'll be spot prize with your name on it.

    Keep free of injuries mate and hope to see you soon.

    Simon
    Aha.. I'm going to get a stick on beard and a Chorley vest for that race

  9. #39
    Grandmaster + stevefoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ripponden
    Posts
    17,182
    Great article in the latest Fellrunner, Legend, Darren
    Hills and Guinness!

  10. #40
    Senior Member Fozzy42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    I think you were surprised to see somebody sad enough to be wearing a Venom black metal t-shirt. I was equally surprised somebody else had heard of them.
    Venom? Bloody 'ell, a blast from the past there, saw these at Hammersmith Odeon back in mid 80's. Welcome to Hell often describes how I've felt at the end of some long 'uns.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •