Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Omm 2013

Omm 2013

Can't believe there isn't already a thread for this?

Good luck to all taking part - a large contingent from Bath this year - an early start tomorrow to drive over, but better than getting deluged tonight! Medium Score again.... just hoping the hamstring doesn't let me down.
    "You gotta put a little bit of ****ing fairy dust over the bastard"

Quote Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
    Can't believe there isn't already a thread for this?

Good luck to all taking part - a large contingent from Bath this year - an early start tomorrow to drive over, but better than getting deluged tonight! Medium Score again.... just hoping the hamstring doesn't let me down.

I'm there with Paul, doing our first one - see you there mate - we have entered the B class for a gentle toddle round (I may regret those words by Sunday night). Weather could be challenging!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Looking at the OMM website I smirked at the double meaning in their tag line "Enduring British Innovation Since 1968".

Yup I've used kit that made me feel that I had to endure it, but it's hardly the best reflection on the Britsh design community.

Good luck to all off to Breacon this weekend

Car's packed, just waiting for Karen to finish work & drive down the M6. Tea at my place with the family then the 3-hour drive down to put the tent up. Looks like we're going to have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow to catch our 7:05 bus to the start. 60 mph gusts forecast on the tops for tomorrow pm when the heavy rain hits as well, then 70 mph gusts for Sunday! Just your average OMM weather then. At least we're unlikely to finish day 1 through a half-frozen bog this year.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I'm there with Paul, doing our first one - see you there mate - we have entered the B class for a gentle toddle round (I may regret those words by Sunday night). Weather could be challenging!
    Saw you in the start list and was going to drop you an email - hope it all goes well for you and Paul, I shall be gently nursing the hamstring. If you pass two lovely dark-haired ladies heading on your route but with a twenty-minute start, that'll be Philipa and Renee - say hi from me!

Catch up with you soon - going to try and find a date for a welsh weekend with the usual suspects!

All registered and back home in front of the fire - glad we are not in a tent tonight though the bar in the barn looks inviting!!
    Worryingly given 3 x dogy poo bags, as we are in a national park we are expected to poo in the bag rather than on the hill, pooing in a small bag in rain and 70mph winds could be challenging.
    We have one bag each and a spare one "to share" , there is already talk of a competition at the finish to see who has the heaviest bag ......

You know what.... that's a competition I may well not enter!!

Mind you don't oversleep in that nice toasty bed! If you want a bar... don't you have rather a good one just up the road? And not overrun with runners!

Brief preview to the competition here: http://somewhere-in-the-between.blog...g-commute.html
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Forced my porridge down now, 4.30am.
    Rremind me why I'm doing this????????

Because you are small, furry and great at skimming over bogs.

Rather you than me this weekend!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth