Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Old County Tops

Re: Old Counties Tops

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    Good to see you yesterday Ian, well done mate, good prep for a long day out in the lakes
    Good to see you yesterday, Steve. Am hoping the climbing did my legs some good, although at the moment I think "damage" is what it really did to them

Quote Originally Posted by IWCharters View Post
    Good to see you yesterday, Steve. Am hoping the climbing did my legs some good, although at the moment I think "damage" is what it really did to them
    Good to see you too Ian, after leg 3 for Derby Tup last weekend then OCT i'm hoping the same, but walking downstairs is a bit dodgy and looks pretty daft.
    Oh well, no pain, no gain
    Last edited by stevefoster; 22-05-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: wrong leg
    Hills and Guinness!

The second time I've spent my birthday doing this race. My partner and I were going really well (he's lost a stone since last year and is now super fit just to put some pressure on) but I got tired heading down to Cockley Beck then was thrown off my feet with cramp coming down COM. Was glad to get off there in that weather but could only muster a hobble back to Langdale in 9.35 - 5 mins off a PB. Still, we were chuffed to win a mug for 2nd V80 team back :w00t:

Another fantastic day - big thanks to all the organisers and helpers, especially those marshals out in that weather!

Re: Old Counties Tops Race

Just in case you haven't looked at other thread Ive posted this here as well!

Congratulations to everyone who completed the Old County Tops yesterday in conditions that couldn't have been any more different from last year. A big thanks from me to all the marshalls and helpers from Achille Ratti and Raynet - without you we have no race. It is fantastic to see runners still smiling at the finish - makes it all worth while as far as I am concerned. Next year's race is on May 19th. Hope to see you there.
    PS One negative - the runner who left his partner after Cockley Beck and span a yarn to the marshalls on Coniston Old Man and Three Shires Stone - this is breaking one of the golden safety rules of the event - you are not welcome at next year's race.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    PS One negative - the runner who left his partner after Cockley Beck and span a yarn to the marshalls on Coniston Old Man and Three Shires Stone - this is breaking one of the golden safety rules of the event - you are not welcome at next year's race.
    What a daft thing to do. No chance of me leaving my partner, even a marshall called her gorgeous. Thought he was talking about me till i realised i was hallucinating after the first climb!
    Smiling more at the finish, grinning weakly at the start
    Hills and Guinness!

Welldone to all who got round this, to misquote that bloke of the telly, fellrunning doesn't get tougher than this! Particular congrats to Muddy Clare for the win, and to Steve for believing in himself enough to think he was being called gorgeous!

Aw thanks Col! I feel a bit dishonest as loads of ladies finished ahead of us, we were just the first pair. My first trophy though, so I'm not complaining

Smile Re: Old Counties Tops

Thanks to all involved in this year's race. What a friendly, well managed and low-key event- wish more were like this.

just like to echo all the above comments, great race, great people, and fantastic organisation by the Achille Ratti.
    Oh and a special mention for the egg sarnies at cockley beck!

Missed the egg sarnies, jam sarnies never tasted better at Whythburn and had a cheese sarnie at the finish that was just bloody perfect. Hope the egg sarnies are there next year!
    Hills and Guinness!