Page 12 of 83 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Old County Tops

Re: 17th May - Old County Tops

Marvin,

i) Wythburn - can't quite remember 'cause I'd just gone over on my ankle and was more concerned with the pain....but I think there were drinks and biscuits. Maybe even a sandwich?

ii) Cockley Beck Bridge - a feast!!! Saved me good and proper. Lovely sandwiches (I scoffed several egg ones I seem to remember!) and energy-giving flapjacks. Plus tea!! Can you believe it? In the middle of a fell race!! A cup of tea. HOW civilised

Hopefully they'll be there again on Saturday. Looking forward to it, forecast looking "better" for then - rain and cooler
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

I'll look forward to that, but I'd better take some food (in addition to the emergency stuff) just in case I get peckish.

I hope the weather is cooler than last weekend which was too hot for me.

Last year's food:

Wythburn - jam sandwiches, fruit cake, tea, biscuits

Angle Tarn - water (but you could just open your mouth and tip your head back instead)!

Cockley Beck Bridge - more sandwiches, fruit cake, tea biscuits

You'll probably need some extra en route - it's a long way from Wythburn to Cockley Beck, especially if the weather has broken by Saturday. My partner bonked just before Sca Fell Pike and in spite of having told me a couple of hourse earlier that he couldn't eat chocolate while out running, then proceeded to scoff all my mini mars bars.

I won't be there on Saturday, but if anyone sees a pair of Eden Runners (Paul Flynn and Andy Ramsey), say hello.
    if I can't see blencathra it's raining
    if I can see blencathra it's going to rain

Quote Originally Posted by blencathrafrommykitchen View Post
    You'll probably need some extra en route - it's a long way from Wythburn to Cockley Beck, especially if the weather has broken by Saturday.
    Certainly is!! Some friends were out walking last year and said they'd meet us at Angle Tarn with a bit of nosh....unfortunately, we were there much quicker than I'd expected and they hadn't arrived. I think it was more the psychological disappointment that led me to bonk coming across Great Moss. Ne'er mind, the feast at Cockley Beck kicked in halfway up Grey Friar and we had a good run in.

Weather's looking ok for the weekend - a bit cooler, a few showers, very little wind. Should be GREAT!

blog

Quote Originally Posted by Mr1470 View Post
    Certainly is!! Some friends were out walking last year and said they'd meet us at Angle Tarn with a bit of nosh....unfortunately, we were there much quicker than I'd expected and they hadn't arrived. I think it was more the psychological disappointment that led me to bonk coming across Great Moss. Ne'er mind, the feast at Cockley Beck kicked in halfway up Grey Friar and we had a good run in.

Weather's looking ok for the weekend - a bit cooler, a few showers, very little wind. Should be GREAT!
    Sounds like I should stock up well. Yes, the weather is looking OK. Can't wait. Say hello - if you don't recognise me from Xmas on the Fells, you should recognise me from the avatar, or from the pack crammed with food.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Say hello - if you don't recognise me from Xmas on the Fells, you should recognise me from the avatar, or from the pack crammed with food.

Ok will do. Assuming the weather's ok, we'll be the pair in the green Newport tops. I'm the thinner one and you can tell my running partner I said that

blog

Master and MR

looking forward to this one,
    dont think im gonna carry too much though
    hopethe weather is okay

Master and MR

oh meant to ask whats the camping situation , is there anywhere near the start ??

Daz, the National Trust campsite at Langdale, right opposite the Old Dungeon Ghyll, is the best around there. Not the cheapest ..... but those showers are lovely after 37 miles, and you can fall into the pub afterwards

blog

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Mr1470 View Post
    Daz, the National Trust campsite at Langdale, right opposite the Old Dungeon Ghyll, is the best around there. Not the cheapest ..... but those showers are lovely after 37 miles, and you can fall into the pub afterwards
    not been to that one
    so is it a roll up job and just pay . Think im gonna just kip in the van the night before with a good book