Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Harriers V Cyclists

In 1950

Banned
    I didn't see the Tup mister unless he was the one with the cool shades and fancy bike.
    Well done all who slogged round the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    I didn't see the Tup mister unless he was the one with the cool shades and fancy bike.
    Well done all who slogged round the course.
    Pretty sure that he was obliged to fulfil a shopping appointment elsewhere, sometimes you have to do these things.

I saw several fancy bikes there, didn't spot the one with shades though! I suppose the sun did make a bit of an appearance .....
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

After few years of running it I decided to cycle (got a cx bike this year). What epic fun it was,but bloody hard work !

Well done to Tom Adams & Annabel Mason first Harriers home in Harriers V Cyclists enjoy set 1 of photos on http://woodentops.org.uk/index.php…

I felt sorry for the cyclists this year. Some of the bits they had to dismount on were almost flat, but just too boggy to cycle through. In the end, I was narrowly beaten by Ted Mason - I doubt I've ever say that again.

Thanks to the organisers. I enjoyed this and may be back again next year - hopefully with a bit more fitness.

That was a novelty - my first time - brilliant race. The 1.5 hour drive there was worth it. It's not often you have to keep your eyes up as well as down on the climbs (to avoid head-butting a rear wheel). I was very impressed by the gentlemanly conduct throughout with everyone watching / listening / calling out warnings from behind as necessary. Runners kept to the sides on the descents wherever possible to let the cyclists through.

I took well over 200 photos. They'll get added to the large collections already on-line when I've finished sorting the wheat from the chaff. It was good to see the Woodentops and Sportsunday out on the course, as well as plenty of other 'snappers'. The support from marshals and spectators was impressive and much appreciated. Most of you did look frozen, though.

Link to my photos in the thick of the action is here.

There were plenty of other photographers on-course as well. Here are the links I'm aware of that are accessible:
    Woodentops set 1
    Woodentops set 2
    Sportsunday camera 1
    Sportsunday camera 2

Harriers V Cyclists 2015 race video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZy1ijApYmg

A review of the 2019 race - https://peatrunningwild.wordpress.co...-or-a-cyclist/. If you've not done it yet it should be on your wish list for next year...