Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Harriers V Cyclists

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

Re: harriers vs Cyclists

Quote Originally Posted by Rombald View Post
    My run was fairly steady but it must be the first time I've overtaken Rob Jebb and Ian Holmes in a race. They both disappeared ahead into the distance not long afterwards, of course!
    I was surprised myself to have a Bradford Olympic rider alongside of me on the narrow rocky-track from the 'quarry' up to the Glen Road crossing, & realise it was my (near) namesake.
    Either I was going well, or he was suffering, as he's an ex GB squad selected Cyclo-Cross rider!

I ran off in front of him, but them he passed me again on the descent back to Glen Road, & I didn't see him again till the finish

I enjoyed it too, afterwards of course, too busy suffering during it, like everyone else.

Also, it was nice to see a few faces that I hadn't seen since Julys 'Holme Moss Fell-Race'

Was it just me, or were the start/finish fields boggier than normal?, but that said, the back of the course round Baildon Hill seemed a bit drier than last year
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Last edited by Stan; 20-11-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Photographs here
    Thanks Stan, there's some good ones there, spotted myself

I take it they're in time order??
    (can prove to SWMBO that I was in front of Richard T now)

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    Thanks Stan, there's some good ones there, spotted myself

I take it they're in time order??
    (can prove to SWMBO that I was in front of Richard T now)
    Yup they should be.
    If not I can always tweak the exif file and fix it for you. :wink:

Well what a day! Thank you all for taking part and that you to all the marshals and official who helped me today.

Before anybody asks results will be on the Bingley Harriers Website early next week, possibly on the Bingley Harriers Forum earlier, I'll post a link. They won't be on any earlier as I'm off out to get very merry with the lads from Bingley!

Just to confirm that Rob Jebb (C) won in a new record time of 32.19 and Tom Adams (H) was second in 34.15. Although the cyclists had 5 finishers in the top 6 the Harriers won 101 to 125 and snatch back the Fishermans Trophy from the cyclists.

Thank you all again!

First time I've done this and really enjoyed it. Lots of to-ing and fro-ing with the cyclists going up and then back down. Just to make it more interesting, could you ban brakes from all cycles next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Thanks very much - I really enjoyed these photos as a slide show. They are so vivid, it was much like watching a video. I was holding my breath as a cyclist overtook a harrier in 3 frames. Is it just me, or were the cyclists really a bunch of sinister mud spattered reprobates (perhaps the highwaymen of old looked a bit like this) while the much cleaner harriers were just healthy, regular chaps. Except for the few females of course, who as usual managed to look SO pretty without any help from costume jewellery or high heels.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

'Womble'

I'm sure I can speak (type) for all entrants

A huge thankyou to you & your team for organising the event, & sorting everything out before/at/after the race

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Thanks very much - I really enjoyed these photos as a slide show. They are so vivid, it was much like watching a video. I was holding my breath as a cyclist overtook a harrier in 3 frames. Is it just me, or were the cyclists really a bunch of sinister mud spattered reprobates (perhaps the highwaymen of old looked a bit like this) while the much cleaner harriers were just healthy, regular chaps. Except for the few females of course, who as usual managed to look SO pretty without any help from costume jewellery or high heels.
    Thanks Alexandra.
    I think the sequence you refer to was Ian Holmes passing Andy Jebb. Love the look on Andy's face.
    And is Holmsey growing a grey beard? - unhand me grey beard loon!

it was my first time at this and was a little apprehensive at 'sharing' the path with cyclists, but it was brilliant! loads of little tussle on the way up & down with various bikers, plenty of mud (but managed to keep my shiny white top clean!), always a shout from behind to let me know I might get mown down! ans good support and marshalling.

being nearly taken out by jebby as he came off the moor was the highlight!

defo back next year as I had to leave before the festivites started.

great photos Stan
    Last edited by superflyguy; 20-11-2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: stans photos