Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fellrunner Magazine

The Fellrunner Magazine

... should have landed on your doormat by now, what's the verdict? I've put a shedload of effort into this so would love your feedback and guidance, Ed.

Master
    Nice work FRED, 17 items of feedback here already,,,
    http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...ew-Fell-Runner!
    Powered by Ugali.

Good stuff Richard. There is already a thread running on the new magazine.

So I noticed IDP, and OB1 whoever you are, but hey let's not get too formal - I replied on that thread already but it sort of dried up. Stuff about nail varnish. Drying up. I want to hear about what you guys and gals like, don't like, is it crap, do you want a mag at all, is it ok just to chatter away on forums or nice to have something on paper on your shelf not on some goddam server in the sky?? Thank you.

FR-ED,

As I said on a previous thread, you have a hard act to follow after Britta, but based on the quick perusal I've had since it dropped on my doorstep today, it seems you're up for the challenge.
    The Fellrunner is a mag that depends on contributors, so if ever it falls short *we* are mostly to blame. That said, there's a plethora of old knackers that turn up to races with a camera or a notebook to document what's happened. Websites in the sky are transient, printed documents last for ever. If there's something that's missing, tell us and we'll endeavor to go and cover it, write about it and photograph it.

This edition's front cover is a great depiction of "fell racing" at its finest.

Anyway (FR-ED again) to make it easy here's a questionnaire, nice simple scoring:
    X) I don't give a ****
    A) Mountain running (EA/UKA)
    B) Champs (County/English/Brit)
    C) Skills (nav/fitness/physio/teck etc.)
    D) Results (big section at the end)
    E) Long distance epics
    F) Youngsters (U18)
    G) Politics (opinion)
    H) Anything else ........
    Thanks again!

thanks grandmaster dominion (? is this the freemasons ?) what a great
    pic I'm glad you agree, big thanks to Eileen Woodhead for that. Old knackers or young guns, I'll seek and sift as best I can, thanks for your support.

Altho I have only flicked through, the first thing I do is check out the results just to see if I have managed to get my name in the magazine. Only once so far in the past year and it made my day, looking forward to reading the runner at the back..never loose the mag, what would I do on the nights I dont go out for a run..

Quote Originally Posted by FR-ED View Post
    Anyway (FR-ED again) to make it easy here's a questionnaire, nice simple scoring:
    X) I don't give a ****
    A) Mountain running (EA/UKA)
    B) Champs (County/English/Brit)
    C) Skills (nav/fitness/physio/teck etc.)
    D) Results (big section at the end)
    E) Long distance epics
    F) Youngsters (U18)
    G) Politics (opinion)
    Thanks again!
    Here's my two-penneth then.

A) Mountain running (EA/UKA) - 1
    B) Champs (County/English/Brit) - 3
    C) Skills (nav/fitness/physio/teck etc.) - 2
    D) Results (big section at the end) - 3
    E) Long distance epics - 2
    F) Youngsters (U18) - 2
    G) Politics (opinion) - 1
    - Interviews/info on the top runners - 3

Thanks for the mag by the way. Haven't had chance to look at it properly yet, but I'm sure it's great.

My favourite bits are the results and race reports, the great photos and interviews, for example the interviews eith the LCT winners last year, which were great. Great to get an insight into what proper fell runners think and do. It'd be great to have had an interview with Simon Bailey this year, and Helen Fines/Victoria Wilkinson (sorry if there is one and I haven't seen it).

Just ideas.
    Last edited by L.F.F.; 22-11-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Added female winners
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

First up: I don't buy or read any other running magazines as I reckon the FellRunner is much less formulaic, and therefore interesting to read, than any of the commercial publications.

I had a read through of the latest issue the other evening, and thought you'd done a great job with it.

My favourite items in the current issue are the second part of IanDarkPeak's navigation series and Finlay Wild's Cuillin Ridge report.

I also agree with L.F.F. that it'd be nice to see some more interviews with the top runners.

Thanks for all your efforts in putting this issue together.