Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fellrunner Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by okmum33 View Post
    Altho I have only flicked through, the first thing I do is check out the results just to see if I have managed to get my name in the magazine. Only once so far in the past year and it made my day, looking forward to reading the runner at the back..never loose the mag, what would I do on the nights I dont go out for a run..

Glad its not just me who does that!

Having only been a member since the start of the year, I have to say I think 'Fellrunner' is a wonderful publication and look forward to it dropping through the letterbox.
    Matt Harrison
    Mercia Fell Runners

Senior Member Don't fear the sweeper's Avatar
    Great read FR-ED, I'm trying to be disciplined and not to read it all in one go...
    A) Mountain running (EA/UKA)1
    B) Champs (County/English/Brit)2
    C) Skills (nav/fitness/physio/teck etc.)3
    D) Results (big section at the end)3
    E) Long distance epics 3
    F) Youngsters (U18)1
    G) Politics (opinion)2
    H) Anything else .......

On P17 the runner captioned Paul Cornforth is actually Paul 'Crabby' Crabtree.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    On P17 the runner captioned Paul Cornforth is actually Paul 'Crabby' Crabtree.
    Thanks Mr Brightside, as it happens we've already fessed up to this (thanks AH): post 14 on the
    New Fell Runner! thread, I take your point IDP/OB1 more than one thread ends in a tangle.

btw further cockup over the page on 18, who's no.21? As Will B pointed out it's not Adam Perry, he's running into the finish with the late Darren Holloway on p28.

Any more for any more? There's only just over 100k words to sift here, Gwaarn : )

Quote Originally Posted by Don't fear the sweeper View Post
    Great read FR-ED, I'm trying to be disciplined and not to read it all in one go...
    A) Mountain running (EA/UKA)1
    B) Champs (County/English/Brit)2
    C) Skills (nav/fitness/physio/teck etc.)3
    D) Results (big section at the end)3
    E) Long distance epics 3
    F) Youngsters (U18)1
    G) Politics (opinion)2
    H) Anything else .......
    Pretty much agree with all of that, with an addition to the Anything Else Section:
    Humour & Irreverence 3+++

Simon Harding is in the picture that is captioned Adam Perry.

I've always enjoyed the one-off short race reports written by people. Alistair Dunn's report on Muker Show and Allan Greenwood's on Causey Pike for example, obviously these rely on us to write them and not on the editor to publish them necessarily.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Banned
    I've always enjoyed the one-off short race reports written by people. Alistair Dunn's report on Muker Show and Allan Greenwood's on Causey Pike for example, obviously these rely on us to write them and not on the editor to publish them necessarily.
    Good read on the Amex 50 when you consider how his leg was smashed not so long ago.

I thought the latest Fellrunner was excellent - I'd forgotten all about it so it was a nice surprise when it arrived! A seamless transfer of editorship I would say. The content must reflect what is submitted, and if there seems to be a bit of a bias towards long distance stuff and mountain running, so be it. It's all interesting, and much of it well-written. I have always thought it a bit of a shame that spelling and grammatical errors don't get edited out, but given that presumably all involved are doing it in their spare time I think we can excuse that. And I must agree with previous posters that in this internet age an actual physical magazine, that you can hold in your hand and read where you like, is nice to have. So I say three cheers for the new team and long live The Fellrunner.
    Last edited by wolley tha; 24-11-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Big thanks to Dave Weatherhead, Barbara Carney and helpers for their massive effort in canvassing and compiling reports and results for The Fellrunner Reports and Results section. FR-ED just typesets the text, sprinkles the layout with photos from our generous snappers and slots in the pages. There are guidelines on format and length. I'm not sure why 'ladies' results are just an addendum and such quaint language is used (women anyone?).

Sad to say but reports and results from important Champ races have not been submitted lately and while new 'Mr Stats' Ian Hartman did a great job rounding up I agree with Mr Brightside, you can't beat a report 'written by people' – who were there. Maybe they are punting them up to the website? these don't reach the mag as yet. Please send to Dave direct, contact details in the mag. Ink sticks on paper; bits fall off chips : )