Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fellrunner Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by FR-ED View Post
    Anyway (FR-ED again) to make it easy here's a questionnaire, nice simple scoring:
    X) I don't give a ****
    A) Mountain running (EA/UKA)
    B) Champs (County/English/Brit)
    C) Skills (nav/fitness/physio/teck etc.)
    D) Results (big section at the end)
    E) Long distance epics
    F) Youngsters (U18)
    G) Politics (opinion)
    H) Anything else ........
    Thanks again!
    OK. First off I thought the transfer was top notch. It's another excellent edition of the only running magazine I am bothered about.

A) 1
    B) 3
    C) 2
    D) 3
    E) 3
    F) 2
    G) 1
    H) As others have noted, interviews. I remember Graham's interview with TheNoor a couple of issues back that I really enjoyed, I have always thought there should be more of that type of content. And whilst the elites would probably grab my attention the most, discussions with runners right across the spectrum would be great too.

Good work FR-ED, all the best going forward.

Simon
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Senior Member Don't fear the sweeper's Avatar
    Disaster! Fellrunner arrives, then a couple of days later Strider, the LDWA magazine, lands on the doormat. No work done for several days!

Welcome to the job FR-ED.
    I can't comment on the mag as it hasn't arrived as yet. What's the process for raising an enquiry so that I get my copy?
    Sorry to raise this on here but I don't have my mag so I don't have a mail address for you.
    Cheers
    “The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.”

Geoff Cox Lonsdale Fellrunners

Always a treat when Fellrunner comes thru the letterbox. The thing I like best about the mag is the fact that it's all about running. Hardly anything about bagels, coffee, muffins, flat tummies or how to improve your sex life by rolling about on a big ball. Keep up the very good work.

Big thanks to Dave Weatherhead, Barbara Carney and helpers for their massive effort in canvassing and compiling reports and results for The Fellrunner Reports and Results section. FR-ED just typesets the text, sprinkles the layout with photos from our generous snappers and slots in the pages. There are guidelines on format and length. I'm not sure why 'ladies' results are just an addendum and such quaint language is used (women anyone?).

Sad to say but reports and results from important Champ races have not been submitted lately and while new 'Mr Stats' Ian Hartman did a great job rounding up I agree with Mr Brightside, you can't beat a report 'written by people' – who were there. Maybe they are punting them up to the website? these don't reach the mag as yet. Please send to Dave direct, contact details in the mag. Ink sticks on paper; bits fall off chips : )
    Reports to Dave Weatherhead, no probs. Sadly i'm not out a lot at the moment.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by tinyman View Post
    Welcome to the job FR-ED.
    I can't comment on the mag as it hasn't arrived as yet. What's the process for raising an enquiry so that I get my copy?
    Sorry to raise this on here but I don't have my mag so I don't have a mail address for you.
    Cheers
    Geoff - mailout/sub enquiries to [email protected]
    She can also send extra single copies for £3.50 so I learnt today.

And thanks everyone for your comments, really useful, will do a roundup on feedback in a week or so, keep it coming.

Now planning interviews, who's top of your list?

FR-ED (and everybody else) there's a mistake in the address you gave for Debbie.
    Correct address is [email protected]
    “The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.”

Geoff Cox Lonsdale Fellrunners

Banned

Now planning interviews, who's top of your list?
    Anyone from this list,

Holmsie
    Jebby
    Mark Roberts
    Simon Bailey

Maybe a descenders piece, climbers piece and a generally fast piece.

Nutrition

Physio

Training

Recovery

All good titles Mr Ed.

Thanks for the Mag.

I think it would be very interesting to have articles based upon interviews with some of our golden oldies - a bit like the "Best of British" series in Cycling Plus. It would be good to compare the atmosphere and circumstances of races back in the 70s and 80s with what we have now, and we have some great runners from that era to go at too.

And not just the superstars like Jeff Norman, although he has certainly lots to tell, but others like Kieran Carr who, in their day, could show some of the modern lads how to really descend.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyman View Post
    FR-ED (and everybody else) there's a mistake in the address you gave for Debbie.
    Correct address is [email protected]
    thanks for the correction tinyman