Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Independence

On the other side of the story what would happen if the English went to the vote on whether or not they wanted Scotland to be part of them .............. ?
    Good going down !!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    What's stopping you?
    possibly far too many posh toffs in Ilkley, Harrogate and York coupled with the uneducated racist edl bigots in Leeds, Bradford and Huddersfield who think been English gives them the right interfere in other peoples affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos the Jackal View Post
    possibly far too many posh toffs in Ilkley, Harrogate and York coupled with the uneducated racist edl bigots in Leeds, Bradford and Huddersfield who think been English gives them the right interfere in other peoples affairs.
    There's the slight issue of Uni funding.. its worth a good few billion a year to the Universities and was desperately needed. Yorkshire has its fair share of top Universities York, Sheffield and Leeds, then the old poly's, it would cost Yokshire billions to stop tuition fees. the SNP have shafted their education system to try to score points...

This thread should be renamed the English bigots thread.

I hope the Scottish people chose their own independence from the English elite toffs, I hope they remember the hated poll tax forced upon them by the war criminal milk snatcher and send back the nuclear war machine. I only wish is that we in yorkshire could join them.
    My gut instinct on Faslane, is that whatever the vote. It'll stay right where it is and be used as negotiation leverage.

Just a hunch.
    pies

been English gives them the right interfere in other peoples affairs.
    It works both ways, a yes vote will interfere with the affairs of the rUK.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    It works both ways, a yes vote will interfere with the affairs of the rUK.
    yep, the English are such cry babies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    My gut instinct on Faslane, is that whatever the vote. It'll stay right where it is and be used as negotiation leverage.

Just a hunch.
    The problem is its in a deprived area. Fishing has gone, only Nephrops has saved that west coast and that's not a healthy fishery.. losing faslane will be a further blow to the area.

It employs thousands, indirectly as many as 10,000..

No, I mean what's stopping YOU? Personally?

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    On the other side of the story what would happen if the English went to the vote on whether or not they wanted Scotland to be part of them .............. ?
    My guess would be a big turn out and a massive vote in favour of 'f**k off jocks'

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    No, I mean what's stopping YOU? Personally?
    because I live in Yorkshire and I would like Yorkshire to become independent from London.
    Marxist Leninism is a weapon of the workers