Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Independence

We should fully devolve all regions. Yorkshire, Cornwall, etc. Then in about a hundred years time when bigger states are pushing us around and we have no economic power, we can band together to form one united country. Imagine what we could achieve then.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if they stick Braveheart on STV on a loop for the week leading up to the vote.

image by piemonster, on Flickr
    pies

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    We should fully devolve all regions. Yorkshire, Cornwall, etc. Then in about a hundred years time when bigger states are pushing us around and we have no economic power, we can band together to form one united country. Imagine what we could achieve then.
    Have you ever thought of going into politics Noel? Sounds like you've got much more idea than the bunch of lardy-faced toffs running the show atm
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Have you ever thought of going into politics Noel? Sounds like you've got much more idea than the bunch of lardy-faced toffs running the show atm
    I'd be a lardy-faced toff within a year or two, fiddling my expenses and preaching the good life while cheating on those around me. It's an inevitability.

I much prefer being cynical from the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post

image by piemonster, on Flickr
    An inspirational statute, clearly Braveheart is saying "aaaaaaaah...hold on everyone...why am I going into battle with a ballcock?"

I'd be a lardy-faced toff within a year or two, fiddling my expenses and preaching the good life while cheating on those around me. It's an inevitability.

I much prefer being cynical from the sidelines.
    Rubbish, I mean you'll never be an Etonian toff.

But I reckon you could be a a Rob Ford.
    pies

Aye, and the sooner we get there the better. But today's UK is no Helvetic Federation.

In this global, economic era, should we really be fragmenting or pooling powers to be competitive?

As Rab C. Nesbitt said "Aye, what's the point, what's the point"
    The Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step

I quite like Scotland, and most Scottish people. But Alex Salmond annoys the hell out of me. As long as he gets off my TV screen then I'm all for independence. If he thinks he's keeping our pound then he he can feck right off.

England, Wales and NI should hold a referendum early next year to break away from the UK, and leave Scotland to it. Then he can have the currency and all the debts that we've left behind as well.

Vote Scots out of UK, I bet the turn out figures would be higher than of late