Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Independence

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    I quite like Scotland, and most Scottish people. But Alex Salmond annoys the hell out of me. As long as he gets off my TV screen then I'm all for independence. If he thinks he's keeping our pound then he he can feck right off.

England, Wales and NI should hold a referendum early next year to break away from the UK, and leave Scotland to it. Then he can have the currency and all the debts that we've left behind as well.
    Exactly my feelings. Old cod face needs a good slap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Exactly my feelings. Old cod face needs a good slap.
    I work with a jock (Rangers fan, not a mental one).

His take is Scotland is a largely a Protestant country with 'loyalty to the crown' etc so if everybody (jocks) votes as per their religion it will be a no...salmon and his gang are trying to 'buy' yes votes with all the economic positives for an independent Scotland...and this is where the debate gets complicated and people will vote no as they don't understand it.

Sooo he's saying it's likely to be a no.
    Who cut your hair, Stevie Wonder?

My uncle actually is a jock, that's his name

The politicians on both sides are mostly all worthless, self obsessed folks playing a game at our great expense.
    The vast majority of the population doesn't even have a clue what they are voting for.
    Until we have an education system that makes people think a little more about the world around them and concerns itself more with finance, health, crime and less about apps, Big Brother and freshers weeks, we'll slip more and more in to a cesspit of our own making.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    The politicians on both sides are mostly all worthless, self obsessed folks playing a game at our great expense.
    The vast majority of the population doesn't even have a clue what they are voting for.
    Until we have an education system that makes people think a little more about the world around them and concerns itself more with finance, health, crime and less about apps, Big Brother and freshers weeks, we'll slip more and more in to a cesspit of our own making.
    Was ever thus. Get used to the cesspit.

alwaysinjured
    I vote to bring back the last verse of the national anthem!

I'm beginning to suspect (in a purely anecdotal straw poll fashion) that this white paper has done the Yes camp more harm than good.

Quite a lot of "how the flipping hell do we pay for all that lot then?" from folk that previously sat in the 'don't know' camp.

Anyway, I've or ordered a kilt and am practising a barely decipherable accident. Must remember to call roundabouts 'circles'
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    I'm beginning to suspect (in a purely anecdotal straw poll fashion) that this white paper has done the Yes camp more harm than good.

Quite a lot of "how the flipping hell do we pay for all that lot then?" from folk that previously sat in the 'don't know' camp.

Anyway, I've or ordered a kilt and am practising a barely decipherable accident. Must remember to call roundabouts 'circles'
    Can we rebuild and fortify Hadrian's wall if they vote yes?

Here's a well balanced article from across the pond.

http://harddawn.com/why-america-must...great-britain/

Enjoy.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    Here's a well balanced article from across the pond.

http://harddawn.com/why-america-must...great-britain/

Enjoy.
    Brilliant, but I can't work out if it's serious or spoof