Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Independence

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    Here's a well balanced article from across the pond.

http://harddawn.com/why-america-must...great-britain/

Enjoy.
    Fantastic.

"Street hooliganism, government welfare and alcoholism define much of Scottish culture"

Any Scots care to comment?

The Irish also have some questions to answer.

http://harddawn.com/did-the-irish-invent-gonorrhea/
    pies

I was particularly amused by the "related" section. From gems such as:
    Richard Dawkins May Be Using the Shroud of Satanism to Cover His True Communist Agenda
    ...to the bizarre
    Did Lady Gaga Kill Lou Reed?

Anyone ever see Darkplace on Channel 4? Totally genius comedy. Anyway, Rick Dagless MD's take on the 'Scotch':

"The cabin crew suggested we all go out and club it. I had no option. It was that or one of their B&Bs. I figured it'd be safer on the streets. For the first time ever I saw the Scotch in their natural habitat, and it weren't pretty. I'd seen them huddling in stations before, being loud but… this time I was surrounded. Everywhere I went it felt like they were watching me; fish-white flesh puckered by the Highland breeze; tight eyes peering out for fresh meat; screechy, booze-soaked voices hollering out for a taxi to take 'em halfway up the road to the next all-night watering hole. A shatter of glass; a round of applause; a sixteen-year-old mother of three vomiting in an open sewer, bairns looking on, chewing on potato cakes. I ain’t never going back… not never."
    Geoff Clarke

Let them go, lock the door, throw away the key and build a massive wall. Pah, we'l be better off without them. Hooligans!
    I wont be (sh) long, dear.

Smacks a bit of "its our ball, we'll take it home". I think HMG is doing an excellent job of alienating the Scots and encouraging a 'Yes' vote.

How many of the Scots voting 'yes' (surely it should be 'aye') will really understand the economic implications of independence?

I'd have bugger all idea.
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    Smacks a bit of "its our ball, we'll take it home". I think HMG is doing an excellent job of alienating the Scots and encouraging a 'Yes' vote.
    Or it smacks of Salmond cherry picking what he wants and not doing the complicated / risky bits. He doesn't seem to have a plan B for a yes vote without a currency union?