Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Frostbite 30

I'm in! My bad back has meant two weeks of rest so I ought to be fresh I'll also be lardier but the osteopath gave me a good working over and I'm willing to give it my best shot. If I'm not back by dark, send out a search party
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Just text Rob (RO) to see if I can get a place as missed initial entry. Hope to be running!

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    I'm in! My bad back has meant two weeks of rest so I ought to be fresh I'll also be lardier but the osteopath gave me a good working over and I'm willing to give it my best shot. If I'm not back by dark, send out a search party
    See you there Hes !

Sad to say it, but it's looking very much like I'm going to have to pull out. Still feeling knackered after recent illness and much as I want to do one of our few local events, I don't think it's worth burying myself for. Helen is still doing it though and I'll come and cheer you all along, I may even cycle round the road bits and offer some robust encouragement!
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Hi, can anyone tell me what the going is like underfoot...I am assuming muddy and cold?

Got text back from Rob - I'm in! See you all there.

Quote Originally Posted by mustavabanana View Post
    Hi, can anyone tell me what the going is like underfoot...I am assuming muddy and cold?
    A lot of the route is on what I call cart tracks, although they are muddyish in places. The muddiest wettest bit will be the 3 mile stretch around the very far reservoir

Thank you Stolly, I wasn't too sure if it would be deep mud in places...wet feet are all part of the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by mustavabanana View Post
    Thank you Stolly, I wasn't too sure if it would be deep mud in places...wet feet are all part of the fun!
    We recce'd it a couple of weeks ago - see my blog here for a few pictures of the route

Great photo's...looking forward even more now! If the weather is like it was a couple of weeks ago I will be well pleased. But I won't count my chickens just yet.