Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Frostbite 30

I wore mudclaws for my recce with Stolly but they are overkill on what is really pretty traily and firm going for most of the way. I'm going for my trusty battered old roclite 315s for tomorrow. The boggy bit might be a bit suctiony but I'll tie my laces tight

Quote Originally Posted by mustavabanana View Post
    Hi, can anyone tell me what the going is like underfoot...I am assuming muddy and cold?
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Well, I just had to drive down to Summerbridge and I have to say that Nidderdale looks crisp, clear and cloudless, Gt Whernside was clearly visible. My prediction for tomorrow is for a bright, clear (but cold) day. Perfect conditions I'd say.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    Well, I just had to drive down to Summerbridge and I have to say that Nidderdale looks crisp, clear and cloudless, Gt Whernside was clearly visible. My prediction for tomorrow is for a bright, clear (but cold) day. Perfect conditions I'd say.
    What can I say, I'm used to having to eat my words. Air temp going up and we've just had a few dots of rain. It will be milder tomorrow.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Sub 5 hours beats the 2 p.m rain !! http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640579

What a fantastic race. Brilliantly organised. £15 including a quality Berghaus top, loads of 9 bars & a cracking bowl of lentil soup & a roll at the finish. A truly stunning location in Nidderdale & a great route in near perfect conditions. No results up as yet, but I clocked 5 hours dead & 41 seconds. A little disappointed not to slip under 5. Good to finally meet Stolly & his good lady who both had excellent races.

Yeah fantastic race, although running into that headwind until the 17 mile point didn't make it any easier. Me and the Hazmeister ran it in 4:49.

And apologies for Harry wandering around in the scout hut after asking (very nicely) for everyone's sandwiches

A fantastic day out and did 4:58 so really chuffed. I think Harry was very polite...but I think it was pork pie he was most interested in :-)
    Not been to Nidderdale before but it was delightful, although next yet I would like to ask for a little less headwind. Race was brilliant and fantastic value...I was ready for soup and sandwich but the quality Berghaus top was the icing on the cake.

What a great event. Nice to see you too Jez and many other folks from here. Thanks to Steven from Pickering RC for his company on the first half, keeping me pushing on despite the awful headwind. My lack of long distance training lately meant I suffered badly on the run in from Bouthwaite and I really hurt today but I'm pleased with my 5.05 time. Big thanks to everyone involved, the marshals were great and the food was fab. The Berghaus top was a nice surprise too Also good to see Martyn P popping up at various points along the way
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Agree with everyone's comments on race organisation, marking the route, checkpoint support and food back at the scout hut to finish. Pleased to come in with 4.42.

Good to see you again Stolly, Harry and Hes.

Anybody know where the results may appear ?