Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vans for runners

Master
    Had my current camper for 15 years now and probably every trip i have done has been spontaneous , only truly planned trips have been Switzerland and Australia.

Durness and Sutherland are my favorite long distance trips but then i am happy to travel 40 to 60 miles for a couple of nights, means i get to spend more time playing in the hills.

Best thing is i can avoid hotels BBs etc and therefore don`t have to sleep in a bed that a complete stranger has not long vacated (just one of my phobia`s).

Another plus is I run the van on LPG which is half the price of petrol and helps to make economic sense of camper ownership.
    Last edited by JohnK; 22-11-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Banned
    LPG is the only way for vans.
    Oh
    And duel carriageways.

Banned
    Or vans only allowed on the roads between 10pm and 6am!!

We've recently got a Transit Custom to replace our Octavia as a "family car". It's brilliant, can fit bikes and a months worth of camping gear in the boot (inc 4 boxes of food!)! It would be big enough to convert to a 2 person camper but very cramped for a family of 4!

Currently planning to buy a van to convert.

Trying to avoid diesel but it limits the options a bit! Hopefully, I can pick up an LPG van in the next few months. Renault Master is my preferred choice.