Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vans for runners

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    We are looking at a Bongo or slightly bigger version the Serena(?). I fancied Merc Vito or Renault Traffic/Vauxhall/Nissan, but not sure of fuel economy etc. Bongo's can be very versatial & seater, and seats remove. removable kitchen/sink units are available etc.
    I too am in Bongo territory , I was told the older ones are mid twenties for fuel economy (but don't quote me on that), regardess if diesel or petrol V6. I am thinking of getting a cheap one and perhaps having it converted to LPG, but not sure 3-4k miles a year would warrant it.

Quote Originally Posted by vespa View Post
    what about a old land rover with tent on top they look fantastic but pricy on fuel
    My Landy is a petrol v8 converted to gas, does around 15mgp but at just over 70p a litre around here it is comparable to a diesel Landy

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzlar View Post
    My Landy is a petrol v8 converted to gas, does around 15mgp but at just over 70p a litre around here it is comparable to a diesel Landy
    I met a chap with a nice old Landy that runs on gas in Wales a few weeks a go. I wanted it!
    I'm also looking for a van at the min, but I want to be able to live in it full time pretty much. It's a hard choice to make!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by MickTor View Post
    I'm also looking for a van at the min, but I want to be able to live in it full time pretty much. It's a hard choice to make!
    Wow, that's hardcore! I'd love a Defender but put off by the fuel consumption. It would deter me from making trips over to the Lakes and further afield as often as I like to. Unfortunately I'm at the old and sensible time of my life. And I'm a Yorkshireman.

Master
    Convert a Fiat Doblo https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fi...w=1280&bih=709

I don`t have a Dobolo Camper (I have a VW T3 Camper running on LPG) but I run my Business from a Doblo Twin slider and am mightily impressed with it, superb van IMO proper Tardis
    The older I get the Faster I was

I have an old works van (Ford Fiesta Courier), probably highways as it has those sort of markings on the back & an orange light that isn't wired up - cheap but a good solid runner that is getting some palliative care from me. I've not tried sleeping in the back yet but it'd fit me (I'm not 5'8" mind...) Ideal for trips away but definitely not a live in unless you're hardcore.

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire
    Quote Originally Posted by vespa View Post
    what about a old land rover with tent on top they look fantastic but pricy on fuel
    Or, one on the rear???

http://www.caranex.com/index.html

I kept thinking about one, when I had my last Landie (110Td5 County)
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Took the plunge and bought a Nissan NV200 today. Didn't go for a panel van because it will be used mainly as a family car, so got the 7 seat combi version. Plenty of room even with the seats folded out of the way, and it's not much longer/wider than the Ford C-Max I'm driving now

Cheers for the help/suggestions.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Murt View Post
    Took the plunge and bought a Nissan NV200 today. Didn't go for a panel van because it will be used mainly as a family car, so got the 7 seat combi version. Plenty of room even with the seats folded out of the way, and it's not much longer/wider than the Ford C-Max I'm driving now

Cheers for the help/suggestions.
    I think you'll be pleased with that. I have one with a campervan conversion and its very reliable and a bit of a tardis on the inside. Its pretty economical at ~37mpg even with all the extra kit in. The tail gate (if you have that version) makes a great shelter too so you can get wet/muddy stuff off before jumping in.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

When I first got a Skoda Roomster I found this...
    http://www.swissroombox.com/swissroombox-movie.html
    probably not what you are looking for, but fun anyway...