Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread: Ilkley Moor Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    I've just entered it, so I know I'll be second!!
    Well, I was third. Could be a close thing ..... saying that, I'm doing the Derwentwater Amble the day before, so you'll both have the edge on me
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire
    Curious!?!?

I'm not showing on the entry list, but the online process went through
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Richard,

Check that the payment went through. You don't appear on the list of competitors.

Steve

Curious!?!?

I'm not showing on the entry list, but the online process went through

It's a real shame that the race has been moved to clash with the PECO XC races, especially since Ilkley are supposed to be one of the clubs in the league.

I really wanted to do it again this year, but club has to come before personal goals, so I'll have to run the PECO that day.

Hopefully next year, it'll move back to that last weekend in Feb.
    Richard Foster, North Leeds Fell Runners, Airienteers Orienteering Club & Leeds Adel Hockey Club

Am I right in thinking it's had to be moved back a week to prevent any clash with the BUCS O Champs which are being hosted by LUOOC (and assisted by AIRE) this year on Sat 22nd?

I wouldn't have thought that considering the race is on the Sunday usually, that would have been a problem though?
    Richard Foster, North Leeds Fell Runners, Airienteers Orienteering Club & Leeds Adel Hockey Club

Quote Originally Posted by slotoes View Post
    Richard,

Check that the payment went through. You don't appear on the list of competitors.

Steve
    Yes, I'll have to get a mini-statement tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    Well, I was third. Could be a close thing ..... saying that, I'm doing the Derwentwater Amble the day before, so you'll both have the edge on me
    ...which means I must be fourth. I'll take that.
    John H - Howgill Harriers

Blame me for the date change. The race was originally scheduled for the week before but I am unavailable that day. Unfortunately the FRA are real sticklers for the RO actually being at the race! The Sunday before the original date was looked at but that also clashes with a PECO.

The one good thing is that new date is not the same weekend as the National XC champs so for the few people that do both it should be an easier weekend than normal.

Later in the year I will do a straw poll to see whether runners prefer the new day or the old day.

28 runners so far.....looks like Harrogate Harriers are making a concerted effort for the team prizes.

Yes, I'll have to get a mini-statement tomorrow
    Not taken out?!?

Making a postal entry, &, trying to assemble an away-team (as Jean-Luc Piccard would phrase it)

I like this race, first time I tried it was in 2010, when it was under threat of being snowed off - because of difficulties of entrants getting there