Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: Ilkley Moor Fell Race

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire
    I must admit to being slightly curious about this phrase on the race page on the 'Harriers' website

•Race number collection from 10.30. All runners must bring a completed standard FRA entry form when they collect their numbers.

Is that to double check the entrants details, or a left-over from the 2013 page?
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Richard,

I have it on good authority from the FRA fixtures secretary that I must have all the information on the FRA form and I can't do that electronically. I also need a signature so the form is the best way to do that.

Hopefully UKA and the FRA can sort something out so in the future we can be all electronic and save a few trees.

If you put in a postal entry I wont need another form but I doubt if many people will enter by post.....why don't you try again as online entries have been received since you last tried.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    I must admit to being slightly curious about this phrase on the race page on the 'Harriers' website

•Race number collection from 10.30. All runners must bring a completed standard FRA entry form when they collect their numbers.

Is that to double check the entrants details, or a left-over from the 2013 page?

Quote Originally Posted by slotoes View Post
    Richard,

I have it on good authority from the FRA fixtures secretary that I must have all the information on the FRA form and I can't do that electronically. I also need a signature so the form is the best way to do that.

Hopefully UKA and the FRA can sort something out so in the future we can be all electronic and save a few trees.

If you put in a postal entry I wont need another form but I doubt if many people will enter by post.....why don't you try again as online entries have been received since you last tried.

Steve
    The Pendle entry on UKresults captures all the standard information from the FRA form and has the disclaimer that you have to agree to. Have a look at how that's been done - that might be one solution?

I suspect we will still have to sign something when we collect our numbers on the day though.
    Richard Foster, North Leeds Fell Runners, Airienteers Orienteering Club & Leeds Adel Hockey Club

Looks like the womens race is wide open.

Emma Clayton has tweeted to say that she has cast on her foot and wont be able to run the race. Hopefully she'll be able to come along and present the prizes.

OK runners.

I've had clarification that I don't need a physical form.

I will need a physical form from under 18's to demonstrate that they have approval from a parent/guardian.

On race day you will have to provide some ID (eg driving license, passport, metrocard) to demonstrate you are who you say you are and sign as a record that you have picked up your number.

I think that is a far better solution.

Steve Weston, RO.
    Last edited by slotoes; 13-01-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Not taken out?!?

Making a postal entry, &, trying to assemble an away-team (as Jean-Luc Piccard would phrase it)
    Duely posted on Thursday, will I show on the 'sports entry solutions'# site, or elsewhere??

Duely posted on Thursday, will I show on the 'sports entry solutions'# site, or elsewhere??
    Yes. Richard once we have received your entry from will enter you into the sports entry solutions race page.
    Last edited by slotoes; 13-01-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Thankyou!

Richard,

You will see that the manual entries have now been added to the competitors list we have 135 entries sofar.

I hope this weather dries up otherwise everybody will be sledging down Backstone Beck!

Steve
    Last edited by slotoes; 29-01-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Shame this clashes with PECO. I'm having a good run in the overall standings so I really want to do all of them this year.

Maybe next year.