Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: unhealthy foods?

Re: unhealthy foods?

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    I am craving chocs so much at the minute. AND I have had no time to run for days now, I am going to turn into a fat blob

But still, I feel I have alleviated some of the guilt now by telling you lot, so I am off to raid the vending machine

I think its all too late for me Onehill, I'm going to wake up in the morning as a blob and have to be pulled out of bed with a crane! I've eaten the lot bar 8 thick chocolate coated biscuits, which no doubt will be finished tomorrow! no hope! I just couldn't put them in the bin

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Lad View Post
    I must be unhealthy i eat too much chocolate Kebab's now that's what i stay away from not good
    Where does one buy 'Chocolate Kebabs'???

Anyway, as athletes we should eat what we want, just train harder the next day... it's not like we're going to get fat ... i lost weight this xmas.(honest)

I call it 'guilt running'... and i always train harder after a night out, binge drinking and eating.

i gave up alcohol for over 2 years a while ago, and my training when to S**t!... as soon as i started again, i started to improve again. I also spoke to Iwan Thomas (yes the 400m runner) and he did exactly same... that's what got me drinking again. If it's good enough for the Goose...

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    i gave up alcohol for over 2 years a while ago, and my training when to S**t!... as soon as i started again, i started to improve again. I also spoke to Iwan Thomas (yes the 400m runner) and he did exactly same... that's what got me drinking again. If it's good enough for the Goose...
    That's the best news I've heard yet. I've managed to give up for about 5 consequtive days in the past, and noticed no improvement to my running either . But I'm a miserable sod if left too long without a beer, at least now I know it does me good and I mustn't feel obliged to have little pangs of guilt when drinking.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    That's the best news I've heard yet. I've managed to give up for about 5 consequtive days in the past, and noticed no improvement to my running either . But I'm a miserable sod if left too long without a beer, at least now I know it does me good and I mustn't feel obliged to have little pangs of guilt when drinking.
    Oh YES! We had our club 6.7mile (don't ask...it's just a historic thing) handicap race this evening (...I think Grifter's back now...?) so after your most wise words... I'm off to raid the other cupboard (not the chocolate one )

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    ...had to take moggy to the vets this morning
    Wot...this don't sound good. Wot news from vetnery then OHW?
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

What are peoples views on Dairy products?

The doc has told me try to cut out Dairy products to help conquer my sinusitus and relive my asthma.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post

Wot...this don't sound good. Wot news from vetnery then OHW?
    same old really - just a check up and stuff - he's plodding on

Quote Originally Posted by NotOnUrHelly View Post

The doc has told me try to cut out Dairy products to help conquer my sinusitus and relive my asthma.
    I was reading a health book a while ago that mentions about dairy products and the way it can affect health, i'll dig out the info and let you know if there's anything relating to asthma. I do know that bananas are to be avoided if you have asthma.

Quote Originally Posted by NotOnUrHelly View Post

I think this is because dairy prodnucts,milk especially are quite mucus forming Jamie? This would no doubt aggravate any breathing difficulties you might have?

And that was a serious reply my friend.....

Cheers for that Baz

Im falling apart at the minute. Just got over the flu

J - my sister has severe asthma and eats NO dairy AT ALL!!! She reckons it does really make a difference.