Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rationalisation of XC leagues

Re: Rationalisation of XC leag

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    apparently the course is too tough for the top level softies!
    They probably would be best off running round a golf course!

does anyone know whats happening with the Manc and district league?
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...

Question Re: Rationalisation of XC leag

Quote Originally Posted by Notlob till i die View Post
    South East Lancs XC fixtures up on Graham Fecitt's website, only 3 fixtures not 4.

Lilford Park 27th October
    Heaton Park 10th November
    Boggart Hole Clough 19th January
    I wonder if the missing fourth fixture is going to be a joint venture with the M/cr and District League again Notlob?

PS - Sorry i've not been able to find out any info on the nature of the Debdale course for you. Believe me it wasn't through the lack of trying.

does anyone know whats happening with the Manc and district league?
    I keep checking Brendas website but no joy as of yet Chaddy.

How is the swimming going? I'm back in the pool myself, I've copped for a groin strain. I managed a mile of freestyle in 45 minutes this morning. Where would that put me in terms of your TRI-training group?
    http://www.bbresults.com/
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Smile Re: Rationalisation of XC leag

Last season it changed to Manchester Area Cross Country League, the M&D, North West Women's and the Cheshire leagues amalgamated and new sponsors came on board ie Reebok and City of Manchester Athletics.

It is open though to all clubs and Universities in Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside in fact those clubs just the otherside of the Yorkshire and Derbyshire borders are welcome

This season dates and venues are
    1 Sat 27th Oct Heaton Park
    2 Sat 17th Nov Boggart Hole Clough
    3 Sun 2nd Dec Sherdley Park St Helens
    4 Sun 13th Jan 2008 Woodbank Park
    5 Sat 9th Feb Wythenshawe

Brenda will get details sent out to club reps and on the website, soon after I have sent her an email to confirm the final event at Wythenshawe

Will Bone win the Men's title again, he recently ran a PB 5,000 in 14:18, so is getting very fit again.

Mudluver

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post

How is the swimming going? I'm back in the pool myself, I've copped for a groin strain. I managed a mile of freestyle in 45 minutes this morning. Where would that put me in terms of your TRI-training group?
    You'd do well Danbert, i hope it was all FC? BS would be painful with a groin strain? Get yourself down to the pool on a monday!

I'm impressed about the dates for the XC, hot off the press eh?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    I wonder if the missing fourth fixture is going to be a joint venture with the M/cr and District League again Notlob?

PS - Sorry i've not been able to find out any info on the nature of the Debdale course for you. Believe me it wasn't through the lack of trying.
    In the light of Mudluver's post I don't think so. I spoke to the secretary of the SEL over a month ago and at that point they had only 3 fixtures, they mentioned the difficulty finding venues and clubs to host events, thus I think we will be left with just three .... in which case I might pop along to some of the Mid Lancs and/or Manchester league fixtures.

On the matter of the Debdale Park course I've managed to get a few pointers from some people, but thanks for trying

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy the Owl View Post
    You'd do well Danbert, i hope it was all FC? BS would be painful with a groin strain? Get yourself down to the pool on a monday!

I'm impressed about the dates for the XC, hot off the press eh?!!
    'Not Inta Fells' tells me you're running again, is this correct ?? If so, when are you planning on lining up on the start line ??
    If I'd wanted a parrot I'd have bought one

Rumours are correct. Its taken a while to get the feathers sorted, but i'm now all in one piece and starting to train again. Swimming and cycling have kept me fit during the summer, so hopefully I've not lost much in fitness. I'm off to California in sept, and hope to resume training after then and aim for the 1st XC in Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy the Owl View Post
    Rumours are correct. Its taken a while to get the feathers sorted, but i'm now all in one piece and starting to train again. Swimming and cycling have kept me fit during the summer, so hopefully I've not lost much in fitness. I'm off to California in sept, and hope to resume training after then and aim for the 1st XC in Oct.
    will those 'special shorts' still be required in the xc

Quote Originally Posted by MudLuver View Post
    Last season it changed to Manchester Area Cross Country League, the M&D, North West Women's and the Cheshire leagues amalgamated and new sponsors came on board ie Reebok and City of Manchester Athletics.

It is open though to all clubs and Universities in Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside in fact those clubs just the otherside of the Yorkshire and Derbyshire borders are welcome

This season dates and venues are
    1 Sat 27th Oct Heaton Park
    2 Sat 17th Nov Boggart Hole Clough
    3 Sun 2nd Dec Sherdley Park St Helens
    4 Sun 13th Jan 2008 Woodbank Park
    5 Sat 9th Feb Wythenshawe

Brenda will get details sent out to club reps and on the website, soon after I have sent her an email to confirm the final event at Wythenshawe

Will Bone win the Men's title again, he recently ran a PB 5,000 in 14:18, so is getting very fit again.

Mudluver

The power, influence, and potency of the forum demonstrated in one post there MudLover. Thanks very much.

Notlob, Chaddy and Sparth i don't know if you've sussed it but there are loads of duplicate fixtures in the three leagues near us this time.

On October the 27th the SEL is at Lilford Park whilst the M/cr Area league is at Heaton Park.

On November the 17th the Red Rose is at Bury whilst the M/cr Area league is in Boggart Hole Clough.

On December the 2nd the Red Rose is at either Bolton or Hynburn whilst the M/cr Area League is at Sherdley Park.

To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

danbert - looks like the leagues have struggled to communicate this year re dates- can't wait for the " guess when/where the greater manchester champs is" game

good to see you back on forum danbert