Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Resignation fromCommittee

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Feet in the Cowclaps View Post
    I have also resigned as I do not wish to be associated with the methods used by some committee members.
    Sorry to hear that FITC
    I held you and David in high regards and your sense of perception and honesty as moderators have been creditable.

Its a shame and I hope some people on the committee take a long hard look at themselves in the current light of what's going on.

Thanks for the good work you have both done.

From the FRA site front page:
    "The next meeting of the FRA Executive Committee is on Sunday 9th February 2014 starting at 11am in Skipton. If any members would like to attend as observers, they should let the Secretary know by 2nd February 2014 - [email protected] or 07956344174. He will then let you have details of the venue."

We can only attend as observers. If you want to contribute to a meeting you'll have to attend the next AGM or call your own EGM. As I understand it that takes a minimum of 5% of the membership to sign the call for an EGM. If we have 7000 members that means 350 signatures - I doubt that can ever be achieved.

And if you really want to change things you'll then have to force changes to the committee as far as I can see. To do that you'll have to find people willing to replace those forced out, & they'll have to be capable of doing the job.

I'll just make it clear I'm not advocating trying to do this, & not saying it shouldn't be done either. I'm just saying what the FRA articles set out (as I understand it) as the mechanisms for making changes if you're not on the Executive Committee.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

This all seems fairly benign if there is a background of trust but once that trust is lost, which to an extent I feel it is at the moment, then the confidential clause etc start to sound a bit sinister. The FRA is as I understand it a limited company purely to protect its officers from and financial liability which is reasonable. But why should anything be confidential, we are or should be, just a group of individuals with a collective love of the fells, not a commercially competive company or a government.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Is the penny beginning to drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Is the penny beginning to drop?
    Cha - ching
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    From the FRA site front page:
    "The next meeting of the FRA Executive Committee is on Sunday 9th February 2014 starting at 11am in Skipton. If any members would like to attend as observers, they should let the Secretary know by 2nd February 2014 - [email protected] or 07956344174. He will then let you have details of the venue."
    It's at Oddfellows Hall - not sure it's a secret.
    https://www.oddfellows.co.uk/Branche...istrict-Branch

http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/pdf/com...nstitution.pdf
    There's nothing in the constitution that requires any member to book in advance in order to attend an Exec Committee meeting.
    It could be seen as helpful when the secretary books the tea and biscuits though.

I'll give my apologoes in advance. I'm booked up already

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    It's at Oddfellows Hall - not sure it's a secret.
    https://www.oddfellows.co.uk/Branche...istrict-Branch

http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/pdf/com...nstitution.pdf
    There's nothing in the constitution that requires any member to book in advance in order to attend an Exec Committee meeting.
    It could be seen as helpful when the secretary books the tea and biscuits though.

I'll give my apologoes in advance. I'm booked up already
    Given that the FRA is now a registered company and that we as members are shareholders in aid company, surely the minutes of any meeting are accessible to all? question rather than statement folks !

Quote Originally Posted by Hazy View Post
    Given that the FRA is now a registered company and that we as members are shareholders in aid company, surely the minutes of any meeting are accessible to all? question rather than statement folks !
    Don't hold your breath - see Andy's post about the minutes to the meeting where he put forward his proposal.... and it got struck from the minutes.
    The committee page states
    " Meeting Minutes are not circulated to the membership, however, in the interests of transparency, established practice is for the Secretary to produce a report for each Fellrunner to keep all members informed of business conducted by the Executive on their behalf. "
    Last edited by wynn; 21-01-2014 at 12:11 AM.
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

Brett Breezy Weeden must be in meltdown tonight, being the only moderator left

Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    Don't hold your breath - see Andy's post about the minutes to the meeting where he put forward his proposal.... and it got struck from the minutes
    it's not about holding my breath, it's about adherence to rules which as you well know is paramount

1. RO's must do = action,
    2. FRA must do = action

my question relates to compliance with companies house, under 2 above i'm sure FRA have an obligation to share minutes of meetings and every member is invited to the agm/ other meetings at discretion of the company secretary.

I had no intention to contradict previous posts, i am merely trying to get the current issue resolved. On reflection i wish i hadn't bothered, lets face it, i don't race much (apart from yours when fit!) and i enjoy my time on the fells with friends in wasdale, what the hell i'm out.