Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Milk = Latic acid

I once saw a documentary where a woman breast fed her pet pig, and on the same programme a woman breast fed an orphan orangutan.
    I wont be (sh) long, dear.

Try goat's milk as an alternative, or even almond milk. Just as nice if you're making porridge etc and easier to digest too.
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

Quote Originally Posted by L.F.F. View Post
    Try goat's milk as an alternative, or even almond milk. Just as nice if you're making porridge etc and easier to digest too.
    where do you get and how do you milk an almond?????

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    where do you get and how do you milk an almond?????
    Tiny tweezers!

Pretty sure you can buy it from supermarkets, but we make it!

Got a good blender, which is crucial, but if you've got one of those you soak a cup of almonds overnight, rinse them, add them to about four cups of water, blend them, strain them (let me know if you need to know where to get a suitable bag from for that), which does feel like you're milking something as the almond pulp goes soft like a stressball as the 'milk' gets squeezed out, and pour into a bottle.

Really easy. Not great to drink on its own just as a drink, but great for breakfasts etc.

I use goats milk for porridge & tea & coffee. Then rice milk as a hot drink on an evening, with a touch of raw cocoa.......when not drinking beer. The missus uses almond milk, I wasn't keen.

From Red Dwarf:

Holly: Hope they've got some odds and sods on board, we're short of a few supplies.
    Lister: [drinking tea] Like what?
    Holly: Cow's milk, ran out of that yonks ago. Fresh and dehydrated.
    Lister: What kind of milk are we using now?
    Holly: Emergency backup supply. We're on the dog's milk.
    Lister: Dog's milk!
    Holly: Nothing wrong with dog's milk. Full of goodness, full of vitamins, full of marrowbone jelly. Lasts longer than any other milk, dog's milk.
    Lister: Why?
    Holly: No bugger'll drink it. Plus of course the advantage of dog's milk is that when it goes off, it tastes exactly the same as when it's fresh.

Excellent ! Bought the box set for my 13 year old son for christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    From Red Dwarf:

Holly: Hope they've got some odds and sods on board, we're short of a few supplies.
    Lister: [drinking tea] Like what?
    Holly: Cow's milk, ran out of that yonks ago. Fresh and dehydrated.
    Lister: What kind of milk are we using now?
    Holly: Emergency backup supply. We're on the dog's milk.
    Lister: Dog's milk!
    Holly: Nothing wrong with dog's milk. Full of goodness, full of vitamins, full of marrowbone jelly. Lasts longer than any other milk, dog's milk.
    Lister: Why?
    Holly: No bugger'll drink it. Plus of course the advantage of dog's milk is that when it goes off, it tastes exactly the same as when it's fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by L.F.F. View Post
    I find it odd that (as people have rightly said) cows milk is good for calves not humans but then it's suggested that people drink goats milk instead.....which is for kids (the baby goat kind!) not humans.

Hate cows milk or any milk. I tolerate skimmed milk in very small amounts. Thought about switching to coconut milk (don't like almond milk) but cows milk based products are used in so many things I sort of can't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Flopsy View Post
    I find it odd that (as people have rightly said) cows milk is good for calves not humans but then it's suggested that people drink goats milk instead.....which is for kids (the baby goat kind!) not humans.

Hate cows milk or any milk. I tolerate skimmed milk in very small amounts. Thought about switching to coconut milk (don't like almond milk) but cows milk based products are used in so many things I sort of can't be bothered.
    Goat's milk is meant to be easier to digest.

Does anyone drink milk of the poppy?

I like the rice milk. Coconut milks nice too and they'r all nice to make hot choc with!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!