Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Buttermere Sailbeck

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
    I was going to say something about you looking at her arse but that we just be rude....I heard you all talking and laughing going up (the nightmare causey pike) and wondered how you all had the energy ...Lindsey sailed past me on the rocks like a spring chicken...impressive.
    You read my mind. And yes Lindsey is good on the rougher grounds along with exceptional on the ascents.

Fantastic effort by Rhys and his team to get this one back in the calendar, and great organisation on the day - chapeau!!

Lovely words from Hazel before the start - I did think of Brian as I ran along the main ridge, and despite the tragedy of it all, he did pick a bloody amazing place in which to leave us.

Well done as well to Scoffer, surely the patron of the fell running peloton, for his words beforehand.

When all is said and done, despite the unnecessary politiking from some parties, and the problems we've seen for poor old race organisers this year, I bloody love fell running, and I love being amongst the likeminded folk who get out and race on days like yesterday.

Still buzzing!

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    well said.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by ChevinbyTorchlight View Post
    Fantastic effort by Rhys and his team to get this one back in the calendar, and great organisation on the day - chapeau!!

Lovely words from Hazel before the start - I did think of Brian as I ran along the main ridge, and despite the tragedy of it all, he did pick a bloody amazing place in which to leave us.

Well done as well to Scoffer, surely the patron of the fell running peloton, for his words beforehand.

When all is said and done, despite the unnecessary politiking from some parties, and the problems we've seen for poor old race organisers this year, I bloody love fell running, and I love being amongst the likeminded folk who get out and race on days like yesterday.

Still buzzing!
    Hear hear, summed it up perfectly. A hard days graft with people who appreciate it. Thanks to all. It must of been a bit stressful for Rhys and the team. Thanks once again.
    "To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the Universe"

Quote Originally Posted by ChevinbyTorchlight View Post

Still buzzing!
    Amazing words & sentiment echoed by everyone who battled the elements yesterday! All the pain felt during the relentless climbs was evaporated with a wry smile & sore legs this morning!

What a truly amazing sport we love

The results are on the website.

Bottom of Cross Fell. It's wet and windy.
    Results now up. http://buttermeresailbeck.fellrace.org.uk/

Thanks to all helpers, particularly the marshals in tough conditions, and my parents for plugging away in the bad weather to keep the results as accurate as possible!

If anyone has any comments etc on results please email me. Apologies for the late and possibly quite wrong prizegiving - we felt the priority was the hypothermic and missing runner's safety. If you got a prize by mistake, lucky you!

See you on the fells. Race is on next year.
    "Runners have coordination, skill, timing, fitness, and grace. Take a long, hard look in the mirror

Cracking race in very tough conditions.

A big thank you to Rhys, the marshalls and all the helpers - truly appreciated.

Bottom of Cross Fell. It's wet and windy.
    Received this email today

"Dear Rhys,
    What a difference a day makes, sitting here at Buttermere YHA, mug of steaming coffee in hand , bowl of porridge downed & watching the sun come up, I reflect on yesterdays eventful few hours & just how much I have to be grateful for, and to:

To my fellow fell runners, selfless to the end, Colin, Emma, Carl to mention but three of many, who amidst our lost state sojourning over Grasmoor, tuned into my fast deteriorating demise, collectively abandoning their own race to man handle and feed me all manner of goodies, whist guiding me safely to Todd and the guys hands at Whiteless Pike- apologies for the swearing Emma, can't blame it on tietz, more the cold!
    Thanks to all at the check point: Todd providing the hugest bear hug known to man kind; Lucy, John & your good self ,divesting yourselves of all manner of warm gear and to all those folk unmentioned, whom I know provided much appreciated assistance.
    I've worked and run in the great outdoors Worldwide for neigh on thirty years; taking groups to Everest Base Camp, supporting on the Bob Graham Round, giving talks on hypothermia, and inevitably I've experienced the force of the elements, frequently to a high level of discomfort, But when the chips are down and there is a medical emergency, it is the speed of response from your fellow men (runners & event team), together with the calm, professional execution that makes the difference. Listening now to the beautiful dawn chorus, I am indebted to you all.
    My sincerest thanks
    Ali
    If you’re able to share my thanks through some form of “media”, that would be great.
    By snail mail I’m sending a small token, for you to either put towards the overheads of the event, or as you feel fit.
    Cheers & great event organization to you on every level Rhys"

This is the only place I could share it really.
    "Runners have coordination, skill, timing, fitness, and grace. Take a long, hard look in the mirror

Wow! Lovely words Ali. So glad everything turned out well for you and for Graham. We were all a bit worried about you in the café and hated leaving until we knew you were both safe. Well done to Rhys, Todd, Hazel and everyone else who sorted everything out. You were all brilliant and I for 1 a
    m proud to be part of this family ! See some of you at Caw and /or Fairfield
    " Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself. "