Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wharfedale 3 Peaks New!

Wharfedale 3 Peaks New!

Upper Wharfedale Fell Rescue Association have organised a new event to raise funds. Like LDWA events (it is registered as a challenge event) Runners are welcome and as it is the first time this has run there will be a course record to be had :-) There are 22m and 13.5m routes and while not as famous and the other 3 peaks its a lovely area with stunning scenery and good running (I'm off with some running friends to check out the route next week as I'll be marshaling on the day!) Plus for the family (while they wait for you!?) there is a 4.5m family walk.So if this doesn't clash with a race you are doing or if you, like me just 'run because you like it' do come and support UWFRA we do help and cover at number of Fell races as well as all the usual Fell and Cave rescue work. It will be a good day. Details here http://uwfra.org.uk/node/533 or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/uwfra.three.peaks.challenge

Super Moderator
    Thanks for heads-up on this
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Been reccee'ing different bits for a week or two now - that's the right route Stolly.

There be some bog monsters about!

(...and I think there's pie at the finish!)

t.
    The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak...

Tony Vardy

Looks like a good one. Cant do it this year as it clashes with other stuff but I suspect I will be trying out the route as a training run.

Yep there is Pie and Peas at the finish :-)

Did this yesterday. It was a good day; well organised, good route which was well marked (too well marked for my liking actually; I tend to be able to pick up a few minutes here and there 'cos of pre-reccying and nav on the day...). Great food at the finish (pie, peas and mint sauce!!) and sweets, biscuits, water at the checkpoints. One checkpoint was even doing freshly-brewed expressos!! The only downside was a very poorly organised start, with walkers/runners seemingly going off at random. I'm sure they'll sort that for next year.

I'd do it again.

t.
    The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak...

Tony Vardy

Yes, highly recommended. I hobbled round primarily as a walker - injured knee from last week's Madness series, making descents a bit of nightmare - but still managed to appreciate it.
    Kettlewell was full of walkers, runners, Morris dancers, yellow bikes and bunting. Good to see Amex and Mrs Amex too.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Just entered this year's event....anyone else planning on doing it?

https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?event_id=1893

I'm in again, Martin. Hope to be able to run this year following knee surgery; in retrospect I've no idea how I actually managed to get round in 2014 with a freshly torn medial meniscus.
    Friendly event, cracking route, and excellent pie at the finish.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies