Thread: Where r u going? (follow up to

Where r u going? (follow up to

where have you been). Pesky character limit!

Lucky for me I dont live far from some super fells so I can go whenever I want, especially in the long summer evenings when there are fewer tourists/walkers around.

Next outing on the cards is a sortie over Skiddaw from Fitz Park and down to the old Youth Hostel then back along the Skiddaw/Blencathra valley and along the old railway to return.
    It's a route i often do on my own but in a couple of weekends time theres a Triathlon training camp based at Grasmere so there will be loads of people to run with. I'm hoping to learn 'all about using my compass and map' then, who knows I may even get along to a race one day.

I also intend to do the Patterdale - St Sunday - Fairfield - Grizedale Tarn - Dollywagon - Helvellyn - Glenridding route that I failed due to bad weather recently.

Anyone elso got owt planned? Perhaps this could be a good way to team up with others for some of the longer runs?
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Chris

Re: Where r u going? (follow u

Quote Originally Posted by bestathlete View Post

Patterdale - St Sunday - Fairfield - Grizedale Tarn - Dollywagon - Helvellyn - Glenridding
    Never heard of any of them.

Since I've lived in our new Bacup house I've fancied doing a route round the three trig points, Top of Leach, Knowle Hill and Cowpe Lowe. I think I'll have a go tomorrow.

Joliver Jim

There must be plenty of fellrunners who know what you are on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Never heard of any of them.

Since I've lived in our new Bacup house I've fancied doing a route round the three trig points, Top of Leach, Knowle Hill and Cowpe Lowe. I think I'll have a go tomorrow.
    If you do that any other time apart from tomorrow let me know
    The race does not always go to the swift, but to the ones who keep running

david

How did you get on? I used to run a similar route regularly years ago when I lived in Turn.

Master and MR

count yourself lucky that your all near fells

my route today took in the lingerie factory, red lion pub, trowell church, trowell moor ( this is not really a moor ) bramcote estate, then 9 more featureless miles back home

Chris

I wimped out of it this morning. From here to Top of Leach is crap and churned up by motor bikes unless you go a long way round and I couldn't face it this morning.

It would be better from your house Roger Rabbit. We'll get the White Holme Circular out of the way then have a go after that. About 9 miles I reckon but a bit of a slog.