Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 17th May anti-clockwise!

17th May anti-clockwise!

Me and Gavin are going yet again for what's fast becoming an annual anti-clockwise BG attempt . Things are still at the planning stage but we're almost certainly going for an 8 am start on a 23 hour anti-clockwise schedule. The schedule's not yet final but it will be something like this:

Leg 1

Leave Moot Hall - 08:00
    Arrive Honister - 10:40

Leg 2

Leave Honister - 10:50
    Arrive Wasdale - 15:25

Leg 3

Leave Wasdale - 15:35
    Arrive Dunmail - 22:20

Leg 4

Leave Dunmail - 22:30
    Arrive Threlkeld - 02:45

Leg 5

Leave Threlkeld - 02:55
    Arrive Moot Hall - 07:05

That schedule is straight off of Bob W's site and will need a bit of fiddle arsing around with - maybe a bit quicker for legs 1 and 2 and a bit slower for the last 4 and 5 but, anyway, its ball park. We probably have road support crews sorted, support for leg 1 and partial support for the other legs at the minute. Any volunteers for legs 2 to 5 then?

Oh and its miles miles more fun going anti-clockwise

Its harder than the proper way round, so good luck Stolly.
    I wouldn't wish Leg 5 anti-clockwise on my worst enemy!
    Enjoy and remember those words on the day!

Nothing like persistence! It would be interesting to see how the anti-clockwise schedule stacks up.

No need to register BTW if you are already a member
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Brian - I am up that weekend (all things being well) and am hoping to get out on both your's and Gavin's AC round and Bill's CW round. Will take a look at schedules but should be OK for any legs really.

Kev

Super Moderator
    Count us OUT for the last leg
    Poacher turned game-keeper

This is the best way round, the last leg is brill - much better without the road.

You can look down on Keswick and think - "all downhill from here", awesome :~)

alwaysinjured
    Goodluck Stolly.

Am still hoping to go other way round, same day. Might see you around Bowfell.

I'd be happy to help out on any leg/ legs. How about I do 4 and 5 with you?

That'll be fantastic Mikekeswick and Kev. I'll obviously firm things up between now and the day. Me and Gavin on our previous two a/c attempts fell foul of awful weather, especially on leg 4 (Dunmail to Threlkeld) but reckon we now have what it takes, whatever the weather. Leg 4 is absolutely the killer this way round (although the climb up Scafell on leg 3 also goes on a bit ) as its overnight, seemingly always always swamped in low cloud, high winds and lashing rain and, if that wasn't enough, starts with Seat Sandel, Fairfield and Dollywaggon back to back.

Ironically I think that if we get there in time (and we will) I'm really looking forward to leg 5. Blencathra, Great Calva and Skiddaw done in that order is a fabulous way to finish a BG

I'll support on Leg 1 and do road support and I'd be prepared to do leg 5 (I'm used to hanging about at Threlkeld as the sun comes up!) or I can meet you coming off of Skiddaw and run in with you so that you don't decide to take it easy at the last minute!!
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'