Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not the place....

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Its a matter of opinions. We all have them and should be prepared to listern but doesn't mean we have to agree.

I fail to see how one member requesting a thread being locked is acted upon when the majority appeared to be post in a reasoned manor and debating an issue.
    Because I'm guessing that the admin(s) are intelligent people who can see that specific cases should not be debated on a public forum. That is not fair on any of the parties involved.

If you or any other member of a club have a problem with that club, the correct course of action is to take it up with them. If that resolves the matter, great. If it doesn't, you can make an informed decision on whether to be a member of that club.
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

There was that fella who wrestled a shark or something to save someone who was attacked on a foreign beach holiday. Then he got fired from his job because he was pulling a sicky at the time. He might have been fine if not for this 24-hour news culture we live in - and because he probably posed for photos and videos.

It's things like this that make people set up false identities on forums so they don't get fired or thrown out of clubs when they're being blatantly offensive for fun.

When I'm on foreign holidays when pulling a sicky, I tell people I'm called Graham Breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    When I'm on foreign holidays when pulling a sicky, I tell people I'm called Graham Breeze.
    We need a facebook-type "Like" button!!
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

Does anyone remember all the dirty washing that got aired when Barlick FR split from Wharfedale? Who the hell needs a repeat of that?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr1470 View Post
    Because I'm guessing that the admin(s) are intelligent people who can see that specific cases should not be debated on a public forum. That is not fair on any of the parties involved.

If you or any other member of a club have a problem with that club, the correct course of action is to take it up with them. If that resolves the matter, great. If it doesn't, you can make an informed decision on whether to be a member of that club.
    A forum is for debating.

Maybe debate could be good to stop others falling in to the same trap.

I am a person who has opinions but does not like minority rule which appears to be happening more often,

This reminds me of the old TV discussion programme "The Time, The Place" presented by John Stapleton. One day they were ambushed by a group in the audience with an agenda who were intent on making some point or other....
    John Stapleton attempted to neutralise the threat of disorder wit the immortal line "Now, this is neither the time, nor the place for this"

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Ace
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I don't particularly like The Sport newspaper, but when I go into a newsagent or into the office at work I generally have to see it...However I don't have to read it! But it obviously has its place in society and a readership.
    Could I request that the thread is unlocked?...And all the down the pub threads are locked???
    Obviously all said tongue in cheek, as I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Does anyone remember all the dirty washing that got aired when Barlick FR split from Wharfedale? Who the hell needs a repeat of that?
    It was a sight more interesting (and relevant) than 'someone's been calling other folks names over the hill and they don't like it'
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Mr1470 View Post
    which isn't allowed.. clubs are unanswerable... I had it in official club minutes that my ex was an 'unfaithful person'... which I asked for an apology for and wasn't granted... where do you go there?