Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not the place....

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    which isn't allowed.. clubs are unanswerable... I had it in official club minutes that my ex was an 'unfaithful person'... which I asked for an apology for and wasn't granted... where do you go there?
    Then you make a decision as to whether you want to be a member (clearly not, I would have thought) and you decide if you might want to take any legal action if they overstep the mark. You certainly don't want to debate it on a public forum. It is none of my or anyone else's business what you or anyone connected to you gets up to in your private lives.
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

To be honest it is a private issue and shouldn't really be argued by people who don't know the details (I include myself in this group). I know the individual involved and I know the sort of character they are, however this could easily be justified or totally ridiculous and it's impossible to know or judge without being in possession of the facts. It's that sort of reaction that fires up daily mail readers up and down the country every day.

Making a judgement call on that person based on a comment he posted earlier is just as bad (sorry mr1470), whether it's accurate or not.

I don't see why people can't discuss these things really, it's a free society, but unless you know what is/was happening and know both sides story it's not really fair to throw stones is it. I wouldn't appreciate that if it was me.

Unfortunately (and this isn't aimed at any one person or profile on here), a lot of posts on here are argumentative or inflammatory and people can't help but stick their oar in and continue the argument. Just like I'm doing now

We're all fell runners for broadly the same reasons, let's not forget that.

As I said I run for a club miles away so I can just run... but the abuse by club officials is pretty disgusting.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr1470 View Post
    It is none of my or anyone else's business what you or anyone connected to you gets up to in your private lives.
    Exactly. So how can facebook be the responsibility of a local club?

I would suspect a club member is only under the clubs jurisdiction when wearing a vest, or on a club function etc

Exactly stagger. It seems they pick and chose when that matters.

remember the cheat marathoner who caught the bus? he was banned for life by his club, but they actually wouldn't have done so had he owned up, apologized and come clean. But he still insists bad GPS signal showed him running at 38 mph along a main road and not on the path...

To quote William Roache today "We should be much kinder to ourselves"

How many threads have been locked in the life of the forum? The only one I can remember was in the early days of the forum, that thread which was publicising a race that the FRA refused to sanction was not only locked but deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    How many threads have been locked in the life of the forum? The only one I can remember was in the early days of the forum, that thread which was publicising a race that the FRA refused to sanction was not only locked but deleted
    One of mine was, and for good reason. I think the 75pg BNP thread bought it too, the one where CL and TH threatened legal cases against eachother for Deformation of Character.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    One of mine was, and for good reason. I think the 75pg BNP thread bought it too, the one where CL and TH threatened legal cases against eachother for Deformation of Character.
    They are both deformed characters
    Poacher turned game-keeper

One of the biggest problems we have in society today is the quickness of people to take offence. Those that do are usually the ones that are the most offensive.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell