Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Well done Jenny Jones
    According to the BBC it's the first ever GB medal in a snow event. Not quite, have we forgotten Alain Baxter, he had a bronze medal for a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    According to the BBC it's the first ever GB medal in a snow event. Not quite, have we forgotten Alain Baxter, he had a bronze medal for a few days
    Wasn't he Scottish once the medal got taken off him.

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    That's the man.
    Isn't it amazing what some light training around the Lympstone area can do for you?

Good to see everyone's favourite mackem Crammie is suddenly an expert on curling

Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    Isn't it amazing what some light training around the Lympstone area can do for you?
    A bit subtle for me, Mark. Is Lympstone a RM depot?

Indeed it is - just googled it - CTCRM.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 11-02-2014 at 01:12 AM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Good to see everyone's favourite mackem Crammie is suddenly an expert on curling
    Isn't that what broadcasting is all about - a bit of a read up on the topic then bluff your way through?
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    A bit subtle for me, Mark. Is Lympstone a RM depot?

Indeed it is - just googled it - CTCRM.
    Didn't Mark do his Man v Horse training one year by running round Camp Basra?

Since the BBC commentators were cheering the mistakes of Jenny Jones's rivals on Sunday
    and a few viewers complained apparently, there are now shots of the commentators
    looking sympathetic when a rival falls.
    No country for old men.

the best sports commentary i've heard for years. Knowledgable, enthusiastic.properly partisan but not unfair, giving credit where it is due and apologetic comments abpout the judging when apparenlty impossible fantasy moves get marked down cause someones glove brushed the floor. Brilliant.

Really getting into the women's Curling now. Started watching it originally because i noticed they are all quite pretty, but i'm tuning in regularly now. Garbage from Team GB against Denmark this evening...You could say we lost it when our stone picked in the extra end and put up a guard; you could say we lost it when they nudged one in behind our guard right in the centre of the house. I think we lost it in the 10th when our fricking skipper gifted them the 3pts they needed to go to an extra end. Now we've got Canada who've not yet lost; get a bit of RnR in girls, you've got a reputation to recusitate.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent