Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atempt 19th July 5pm.

Smile Atempt 19th July 5pm.

Hi everyone ...well i have registered my attempt for later on in the year...when i have a bit of time of work, i think it all started when i helped someone out year before last..and so finally decided to try it myself. So i have 4 months to get stronger at my walking and to get use to those hills again. i live in a fairly flat place...so training is mainly local or a mixture of just keeping fit generally .i am quite upbeat of what is ahead ..as it is a challenge like no other .hopefully should start going to lakes a bit more ..in the next few months. with a friend to do some dedicated training....as pacers..navs and stuff like that ..fingers crossed some friends / aqaintances may help me out come july. Anyway thats me for now.

Any Advice/ Feedback.... please send

diggingdeep

Just put details of when you're heading to the lakes for some big days out and you'll be surprised who'll want to join you.

hello keswicksimon thanks for the reply...hopefully within the next 4mths i will be getting a few training days sorted. i am training hard ..but i live in a flat area so ..mainly trying to build up leg strenght ..and normal running ..gym..and visits to the countryside ..as i have north yorkshire moors on my doorstep.At the moment simon trying to get the hill fitness sorted out really . i play to visit lakes mid march ..with a few friends so it will be great to get use to the hills again.

Diggingdeep.

Get to the Lakes and get the legs conditioned for coming down, it is the coming down that destroys most people, gym, road running, cycling ect won't condition the legs like coming down Scarfell will. Once you can complete legs 3 and 4 CW as a support runner at BG pace you will be ready. Seeing you are going in July there will be chance to support others in the peak BG months of May/June, that will encourage them to assit you in return.

I would think with only 4 months to go you really have only a little over 3 months training given a 3 week taper. Not a lot of time for specific BG training, but as you have supported before I guess you will already have good base line fitness.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

soz can't help as got Kentmere on 20th (English Champs race so I guess a few others might also be unavailable)
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Good luck I'm going for an attempt on the 13th of June. Let me know what training visits to the lakes you might do. Stands a good chance of meeting up. Ps. The lads on this site are fantastic and will answer any queries you have. Cheers phil

thanks tahr for the reply......i will have to check forthcoming attempts this year to see if i am able to go and help ..and to train .I am in the process of confirming dates when i will be visiting the lakes for training . i will post as soon as possible so if any person wishes to meet up ,they are more than happy to join us.

daztheslug....no probs..thanks for letting me know.

Not sure of my plans, I am helping a couple of club mates in there training but hope to catch up with you DD at some point if I am free I will help out on a leg.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Thankyou tahr ...i very much hope we will manage to meet up prior to my attempt .i will pm you ..once i know the dates i Will be visiting the Lake district for training days. If you are able on my attempt...and wish to assist on a leg in any capacity ..it be great

diggingdeep.