Thread: Lost: Siberian Husky

Lost: Siberian Husky

This received

I was wondering if you could ask if any of your fell runners would be available to assist us in finding a lost siberian husky on the Pennine Way between the White House pub and M62 junc 22.

A moor search is taking place on Thursday 13th feb and someone with knowledge of the moors would be an advantage to us finding her..if thursday is unsuccessful we are holding another search on Saturday 15th Feb both at 10.00am from the White House pub.

Linda

If any-one can help, please PM me and I'll reply with Linda's email address.

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    This received

If any-one can help, please PM me and I'll reply with Linda's email address.
    Linda, I've forwarded this to a friend in MR who is a Husky breeder and member of the Husky Association.

Forward this tip on if you wish Ian,

I picked up from New Zealand pig hunters for getting back there lost dogs on when hunting in the mountains when I was in NZ, I have used it successfully to get my own dog back once in Scotland. I am not sure it would work after this length of time but it is worth a try.

Leave a tee shirt with your sent on so one that you have worn next to your skin, a one you have ran in would be ideal near to where you last was with the dog, put at the bottom of a tree or near a stone wall ect. The dog will come back looking for you if it can’t find you it will lay next to the tee-shirt with you’re sent on and wait for you.

I lost my dog at last light, I took off my tee shirt and returned at first light and sure enough she was curled up on my tee shirt asleep.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

thackley,near canal/river and old emmerdale
    great advice tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Forward this tip on if you wish Ian,

I picked up from New Zealand pig hunters for getting back there lost dogs on when hunting in the mountains when I was in NZ, I have used it successfully to get my own dog back once in Scotland. I am not sure it would work after this length of time but it is worth a try.

Leave a tee shirt with your sent on so one that you have worn next to your skin, a one you have ran in would be ideal near to where you last was with the dog, put at the bottom of a tree or near a stone wall ect. The dog will come back looking for you if it can’t find you it will lay next to the tee-shirt with you’re sent on and wait for you.

I lost my dog at last light, I took off my tee shirt and returned at first light and sure enough she was curled up on my tee shirt asleep.

ATB

Tahr
    You've failed to mention the trail of destruction left in her wake though!!

Quote Originally Posted by NORSEMAN View Post
    You've failed to mention the trail of destruction left in her wake though!!
    Look all them 200 roe deer all died of natural causes that night, advice on Huskies should be right up your street, and don’t suggest the cure is a 100gn 243.

Where were you this morning? you work mate was racing, he is not looking forward to this big run you and him are doing.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/