Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ilkley Moor Fell Race '14

Found it harder than last year. The wind up to the Badger Stone was a right killer! Nice memento at the end though. Thanks very much.

Outstanding run of the weekend must go to Glossopdale Harriers, Caitlin Rice. Less than 24 hours after finishing the 42 mile Dark Peak marathon Caitlin was First Lady at today's Ilkley moor. Well done Caity, brilliant running..... Many thanks to all involved for another cracking race and cheers for the buff.
    Darren fishwick, Chorley.

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    All being well, I'll be there to take my place on the line, & fight not to come last!
    I managed to get there
    And.. won my fight not to be last

Great race again, if a bit breezy on the top

A big thankyou to all the Organisers, Marshalls (I'm sure I managed to gasp a "Thankyou" to each that I passed), time-keepers, results compilers, & the boys/girls who were handing out the mementoes

Quote Originally Posted by brummievet View Post
    Found it harder than last year. The wind up to the Badger Stone was a right killer! Nice memento at the end though. Thanks very much.
    Agree on all 3 aspects!!

Roll on the 'Trail Race', as that'll be the next of yours that I attend, hopefully with an 'away-team'

(the last PECO-XC took away the possible entrants, as I'm sure it reduced Ilkley Harrier numbers too?)
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Outstanding run of the weekend must go to Glossopdale Harriers, Caitlin Rice. Less than 24 hours after finishing the 42 mile Dark Peak marathon Caitlin was First Lady at today's Ilkley moor. Well done Caity, brilliant running..... Many thanks to all involved for another cracking race and cheers for the buff.
    Darren fishwick, Chorley.
    That's impressive. I was pleased with my Black Combe + Ilkley Moor double but this puts me to shame!

Great racing on Yorkshire Ilkley Moor Bah't'at today. Well done Caitlin and Tom on their wins. One set of pics up, another set uploading now on http://www.woodentops.org.uk/ juniors & a few more seniors tomorrow.

Work in progress on the junior results here http://www.ilkleyharriers.co.uk/news...s/14imrjun.pdf
    The good news is we've located the missing sheet (affects U10,U12,U14), should have a final version soon.

Thanks to everybody who ran today.

The results have been posted on the IH race forum pages (which anybody can read) and they will be posted on the race webpage when Paul gets a chance

Steve

Super Moderator
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Not a happy bunny as had to miss it this year, poorly with an annoying cold/flu bug thing, would have run if it hadnt been on my chest as well. This is my first cold for 5+ years so am not dealing very well with it - i.e. sulking and feeling sorry for myself.