Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire Round

Quote Originally Posted by Wooj View Post
    This year I'm attempting the Bob Graham Round but after stumbling across the "Yorkshire Round" in a link that Bob Wightman posted I am suddenly very keen on it and will probably give it a go in 2015. I notice on the gofar site it doesn't have any more than 4 people registered as completing it. Surely there must be more? Has anyone tried it? What's your thoughts. Being a Yorkshireman this has to be THE run for me to complete after the BGR.
    Good to see this attracting some interest Wooj - it's long overdue. Yes there are just 4 completions so far so why not have a crack at it. It's not so much further than the Fellsman! It was actually inspired by the epic Yorkshire 2000's which had just 3 completions until last year. Matt Neale became the 4th in September after a gap of some 29 years!

When is Fellman? Isnt it full?

Quote Originally Posted by fellrunner kev View Post
    Adnan - I badgered Stolly for advice last year on route knowledge! It's a good run, great support and really well organised. I'm in this year 6 weeks before my BG!
    I was going to do it last year but did 3 peaks instead so this year it has to be done

_|_
    ./\.

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    When is Fellman? Isnt it full?
    Its on the 26-27 April weekend. I don't think its full yet. Well, I hope not

_|_
    ./\.

Just had a look at this Yorkshire round. 85 miles! And I haven't set foot on any of those hills in my life!
    Perhaps one for the future..

There's something about North Yorkshire I'm just not sure about.. Maybe it's because I'm from Barnsley..
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Cheers! Adnan! Checked my shifts and I can't do it!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MAN View Post
    Good to see this attracting some interest Wooj - it's long overdue. Yes there are just 4 completions so far so why not have a crack at it. It's not so much further than the Fellsman! It was actually inspired by the epic Yorkshire 2000's which had just 3 completions until last year. Matt Neale became the 4th in September after a gap of some 29 years!
    Me and 3 mates are keen on an attempt of the Yorkshire round in summer 2015. Being reasonable local I will have enough time to memorise the route and perfect it. This long distance lark is pretty addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooj View Post
    Me and 3 mates are keen on an attempt of the Yorkshire round in summer 2015. Being reasonable local I will have enough time to memorise the route and perfect it. This long distance lark is pretty addictive.
    I hope it works out. The times so far are not particularly fast so if you get decent conditions you could set a new record. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MAN View Post
    I hope it works out. The times so far are not particularly fast so if you get decent conditions you could set a new record. Good luck.
    That would be something lol.

The Yorkshire Round has piqued my interest too. I'm a bit tied up with other stuff this year, but it could definitely be on the cards for 2015.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners