Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who has killed more?

Quote Originally Posted by Fnstein View Post
    Left v right is only one way of looking at it. Authoritarian v liberal is a more meaningful framing and it answers itself.
    I agree but its easier to have a polarised debate based on a simplistic analysis rather than actually think deeply about politics isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
    I agree but its easier to have a polarised debate based on a simplistic analysis rather than actually think deeply about politics isn't it?
    2nd page. Brill.

I COMPLETELY agree with FNstein but this thread was obviously (Doh!) meant to lure you in over a comment you made yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
    Was it full of right wing bile?
    You clearly see things in a simplistic right wing, left wing view. I have a much broader view of the world than that, DD.

I'm probably much more liberal than you and you're the one labelling people, not me....

Anyway, back to the question...... You'd have to say communism IMO
    Last edited by TheHeathens; 14-03-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Right wing ideologies or Left wing ideologies?
    10 million in the Gulags. Carlos will probably deny it though
    No country for old men.

But would communism have had such an influence without German aggression in the 20th century? Discuss.

All the answers are here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_death_toll

Those bloody right wing mongols seemed to have done well, wiping out perhaps as much as 7.5% of the world's population with their 'Thatcherite policies' , albeit over 150 years.

2nd page. Brill.

I COMPLETELY agree with FNstein but this thread was obviously (Doh!) meant to lure you in over a comment you made yesterday:

You clearly see things in a simplistic right wing, left wing view. I have a much broader view of the world than that, DD.

I'm probably much more liberal than you and you're the one labelling people, not me....

Anyway, back to the question...... You'd have to say communism IMO
    Get a life pal. I made a flippant smart arsed remark after you made a stupid misinformed one. Now you've wasted your time thinking about how to get me back and make yourself feel better.

You should get a hobby. I've heard fell running is quite good.

I'm not going to point out the way you've contradicted yourself in that response.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    All the answers are here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_death_toll

Those bloody right wing mongols seemed to have done well, wiping out perhaps as much as 7.5% of the world's population with their 'Thatcherite policies' , albeit over 150 years.
    China's had it rough hasn't it. Not just the China specific but the Mongol's, Japanese and others involve China.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

You should get a hobby. I've heard fell running is quite good
    Talking about it on the internet is better, at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Anyway Mongols FTW
    pies

i doubt the Homo sapiens of 50,000 years ago killed each other over political ideologies! Survival of the fittest was the game to play
    A tediously lazy google leads me to a start date of 1789, start line in France.

That's the Mongols out.
    pies

If the power of the state is paramount over the lives of the individual, then the numbers who died need to be balanced against the current state of those nations and the people who live there.

For example in China, some people might argue that Mao's influence was transformative.