Thread: Northern Soul

Northern Soul

If anyone is still unsure about the power of the internet just look at this from Frank Wilson on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkpenzFNbpk

Classic Northern Soul! This is why I wasn't a brilliant runner 30 years ago - too much time spent bopping all Saturday night.

Re: Northern Soul

northern soul classics= mistura 'the flasher', gloria jones 'tainted love
    northern soul cheapcash in = wigans ovation 'skiing in the snow'
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

Hoping to get a soul band for my 50th birthday in January, know any good ones.
    A member of my running club in Leeds was a top Northern Soul DJ, who still does the all-nighters up and down the country. Hoping he will spin a few tunes at my party

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds Rhino View Post
    Hoping to get a soul band for my 50th birthday in January, know any good ones.
    A member of my running club in Leeds was a top Northern Soul DJ, who still does the all-nighters up and down the country. Hoping he will spin a few tunes at my party
    Ian Levine has just about finished producing a new Northern Soul 2007 album, using many of the old stars on vocals. Will try to find out from him when its gonna be out if yer want.
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

if you would please,cheers. my running pal is called Pat Brady,does U.S. imports and still a bit of DJ-ing,dont know if he is familer to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds Rhino View Post
    if you would please,cheers. my running pal is called Pat Brady,does U.S. imports and still a bit of DJ-ing,dont know if he is familer to you.
    Don't know him, probably because I don't really follow the N.Soul scene too much these days...I know Ian Levine thru his HI-NRG stuff - will email him for a release date tonight(plus of course he produced the early Take That stuff & was the guy who suggested that one R.Williams did some vocals !)
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

Actually, Ian has a few of his own myspace pages....this one tell you all you need to know
    http://www.myspace.com/northernsoul2007
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

Cheers Rob, I'll add him to my own Myspace. 24 track CD with DVD to play simultaniously, thats different !

Lovely stuff. I always preferred Ska myself but had mates who were obsessed with Northern Soul and we used to go out to clubs in London in the early/mid 90s where this was played almost continually. Me and the the other skins used to badger the DJ for some JA action! I could never dance Northern but doing the Ska is a little easier - especially woth a head full of bitter and speed. Anyone go to Jackies in Finsbuty Park? Keep the faith!