Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Safety Matters

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    For those who may not have seen it please look at steambunnybluff.co.uk
    Would appreciate your feedback here. Am I on the right track or a hiding to nothing?
    GPS tracking and SportIdent dibbing? Are we doing active or passive SportIdent dibbing? ie, are the dibbing points transmitting live data, or is the dibber box being taken back to race HQ to be downloaded?

The current site links to SHR insurance, but with no reference to SHR rules being mandated - ie kit. Under SHR race organisor info, specifying kit is mandatory?

ps, website has same security holes.... (I'll PM you Mike.)
    Last edited by dominion; 30-04-2014 at 11:22 PM.

For those who may not have seen it please look at steambunnybluff.co.uk
    Would appreciate your feedback here. Am I on the right track or a hiding to nothing?
    Definitely on the right track, I like it. My only problem is that I don't think it should be held on August 9th as I'm not free then!!

From the 'Cows bloody cows' thread...

Yesterday, 10:54 PM #157
    Cows bloody cows have been at it again. Lead runner in the Totley Tiger's Todger race tonight was taken out by the bugger's, Not sure of his injury's but he was taken to hospital. Hope he's well after which must have been very scary experience. No chance at 30 to 1.

Are cows to be mentioned in the new safety rules? Probably a bigger hazard to runners than most other situations they might encounter.
    I will probably be shot down for mentioning this but that's the norm.

"Are cows to be mentioned in the new safety rules? Probably a bigger hazard to runners than most other situations they might encounter."

Most assuredly cows can be and often are a very real and present potential hazard to walkers and runners alike. There are many recorded incidents where unsuspecting folk have suffered serious injuries and even death.
    In addition to attending certificated navigation/mountain craft courses, all race entrants must (note that word carefully) attend their nearest agricultural college for training in livestock handling and appreciation. Pre entries must be accompanied with proof of such training and entries on the day likewise must produce copies of certificates. This brings me on to the wretched topic of kit requirements. If a route goes through known cow infested territory then every runner must carry a life size replica of Ronald MacDonald as this is guaranteed to make any cow run for its life in the opposite direction. This is obviously going to add weight to your pack but even as I speak the boffins at Innov18, OHM and Mantone are working on gossamer light versions which will only set you back £200.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge the Elf View Post
    "Are cows to be mentioned in the new safety rules? Probably a bigger hazard to runners than most other situations they might encounter."

Most assuredly cows can be and often are a very real and present potential hazard to walkers and runners alike. There are many recorded incidents where unsuspecting folk have suffered serious injuries and even death.
    In addition to attending certificated navigation/mountain craft courses, all race entrants must (note that word carefully) attend their nearest agricultural college for training in livestock handling and appreciation. Pre entries must be accompanied with proof of such training and entries on the day likewise must produce copies of certificates. This brings me on to the wretched topic of kit requirements. If a route goes through known cow infested territory then every runner must carry a life size replica of Ronald MacDonald as this is guaranteed to make any cow run for its life in the opposite direction. This is obviously going to add weight to your pack but even as I speak the boffins at Innov18, OHM and Mantone are working on gossamer light versions which will only set you back £200.
    Will they be of the inflatable kind?

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    GPS tracking and SportIdent dibbing? Are we doing active or passive SportIdent dibbing? ie, are the dibbing points transmitting live data, or is the dibber box being taken back to race HQ to be downloaded?

The current site links to SHR insurance, but with no reference to SHR rules being mandated - ie kit. Under SHR race organisor info, specifying kit is mandatory?

ps, website has same security holes.... (I'll PM you Mike.)
    Oooh. Live dibbing! Like it. How much???
    Any reference to SHR is there by accident. Tell me where and I'll remove it. I am asking WFRA to consider covering it but no decision yet.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Any reference to SHR is there by accident.
    If a reference is included by accident then a full health and safety review will be required .

You know that everything has to be done in accordance with the requirements identified by Always Injured to prevent litigation following an accident and the RO being blamed.
    Last edited by XRunner; 01-05-2014 at 12:48 PM.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker