Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Farage vs Clegg

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Dan View Post
    I don't disagree Muddy but have a look at this http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/0...invasion-film/
    I did, watched it all and it nearly bored me to tears. A very amateurish video by a local UKIP organisation. I'm not going to defend UKIP because it's not a party I support, I think some of its members have views I'm not comfortable with. Having said all that, I didn't think the video particularly portrayed UKIP as being like the BNP. Most of it was devoted to railing against the EU.

Like Muddy, I wouldn't vote for UKIP in its current form. However, politicians in all parties have skeletons in their cupboard, whether it be links to paedophiles, expenses corruption, drugs or male rape.

Mind you, the same could be said for priests and tv presenters.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    If Scotland votes for independence, you may not see another Labour Government in your lifetime.
    I think the two main parties will always have about 40% of the votes each. Even if you bombed all the labour safe seats, the Conservatives would lurch right, Labour would move to the middle and you'd be in the same position. I think it's as much about human nature and the need to have a change than it is about ideologies.

The whole video is fairly interesting if you have a spare 80 mins but have a look at the video from 20:30 to around 30 mins. Farage on the BNP.

Farage wiped the floor with Clegg tonight, no question.

There is a good case I think to be made for Britain remaining in the EU (albeit a reformed less powerful EU) but Clegg clearly isn't the one to make it.

Very bad organisation at my voting station today. The European ballot sheet was far bigger than the local government one and the slot to put it in was much smaller than the local government one. When I mentioned this to the polling staff they agreed with me I suggested they tip the box up on one end to clear some space under the slot but they weren't having it
    No country for old men.