Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Virgin London Marathon

If you're currently going to struggle to run a 90 min HM then 3:15 may be a more realistic target..

edit: my original suggestion and other replies are probably reasonable, but you're not giving us a lot of context.
    Last edited by LissaJous; 15-04-2014 at 03:43 PM.

I think close to 3 or sub.. I'd find 7 miles at my marathon pace hard work.. it's April, Berlin is September. From here sub 3 would be a realistic aim.

Just get the long runs in.. just saw one of the North Wales runners aiming for sub 2:45.. he ran 2:52 but he's longest run was 15 miles.. I wouldnt get too caught up on a schedule this far out, just try to get the miles in, few races and start sometime in lat June/July with serious focus.

The good thing about road running is its quick, 20 milers are 2.5 hours..

IainR is probably right but close to sub 3 is a challenge. If Berlin is your first then why not aim for good for age as a start. That will get you in to London which is an experience as Stolly has said.

Banned
    Bit disappointed to see male pacemakers for ladies race.
    What next, derny bike?

I thought it a bit strange, especially in the year we are supposed to be celebrating 100 years of Womens Suffrage,to see MEN at the front of the womens race trying to make them go a bit faster.The usual suspects will be on television later apoplectic with rage and god only knows what the snowflakes on C4 News will make of it! You couldn't make it up!

I dunno, I've paced Vic around a few races. Of course I was trying desperately not to be passed by her (and have probably failed at that more times than I've succeded).

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Bit disappointed to see male pacemakers for ladies race.
    What next, derny bike?
    They kept that pace up right to the end. As they were pacing the fastest woman around then it had to be men as they were pacing the fastest women. Does that make sense? :-)

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    They kept that pace up right to the end. As they were pacing the fastest woman around then it had to be men as they were pacing the fastest women. Does that make sense? :-)
    So who paces the fastest men, then? Ah yes, the derny bike. You're a genius, Stagger!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges