Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virgin London Marathon

brian you can easily loose 10 minutes at the start like I did when I didn't realise that 20 ,000 go down the outside lane a little tip the good position you may think you have might not be and then you might be better of in that George outfit good luck

Best of luck Brian, the London could not be more different than the BG, the atmosphere is great with the crowds cheering you on. If you did 1:37hr for a half on trail I am sure you will crack sub 3:30 on the road.

I am all packed for the Manchester Marathon, get the train in the morning to Manchester and race on Sunday. Was hoping for a sub 3 but realistically the last few tempo runs has case big doubt over that I am simply not quicker enough. I lost too much training with my knee injury I just had my last session with the phyiso on Monday and have had no problems with it in my last runs, including a 22 miler. But overall I have not done enough IMO. Still I will give it a crack and if the wheels fall off and I have to walk the last 6 miles so be it.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

good luck kev even if you had,nt trained for 6 months you will nail it

Didn't quite nail it Roy, I give it a good go, but hamstring cramped up at 22.5 miles so only a 3:06hr bit gutted to get so close but in truth due to my knee injury I hadn't trained hard enough the strange thing is the knee was fine.

See my other post for the ugly details.

ATB

Tahr

Wishing you well today Brian.

predicted 3:23 but doubt it as hes suddenly slowed..

I see he just finished outside his target time at 03:34:15 hours, I know the feeling not easy these road marathons.

Well done good effort Brian, knowing you you will keep at it until you crack it.

Good work fella.

Master
    Well done, consider Lochaber Marathon if you want a fast time
    The older I get the Faster I was

Well, that was blinking blinking hard. I ran a really good first half (1:35 hrs including a wee stop 1.5 miles from the start) and then couldn't hold the pace at all in the second half, finally finishing at shuffle speed in the last few miles. My second half split was almost 2 hours FFS!!! And at the end I was totally and utterly trashed and feeling worse than I have ever felt at the end of a race, ever . I was sick, I had a cramp attack (or two), I couldn't even bend to sit down, I was sick again (in the middle of Horse Guards Parade) and my walk to Charing Cross Tube station and then getting down the steps there was 'brilliant'. It was all very epic.

It just goes to show that my three half marathon distance run ins to work on the canal tow path were marvellous preparation..... for running a half marathon

What a fantastic day though
    Last edited by Stolly; 14-04-2014 at 08:43 AM.