Thread: Pendle junior champs

Pendle junior champs

Well done to everybody who took part today, not the nicest day. David Bailey the organiser and his merry band did a FAB job. 2 sets of photos up on http://www.woodentops.org.uk/

We brought a few Eden Runners down from Penrith and from U8s to U18s they had a great time. Thanks to the organising team.
    if I can't see blencathra it's raining
    if I can see blencathra it's going to rain

I'd echo those comments.
    We had the Lancs Champs as well over the 2 days.
    Anyone who knows what goes in to putting on a race will appreciate the efforts that David and Ken had to go through to host 2 x Championship events back-to-back on the same weekend.
    Great credit has to go to them both, to their team and to the many volunteers from Clayton and other local clubs that supported them to get the events staged so successfully.
    I told David how I admired his calmness over the full weekend. I know that I would have got a little sharp at times if our positions had been reversed, but he just calmly went about his business.

Richard Taylor
    Lancs AA Fell Secretary
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I'd echo those comments.
    We had the Lancs Champs as well over the 2 days.
    Anyone who knows what goes in to putting on a race will appreciate the efforts that David and Ken had to go through to host 2 x Championship events back-to-back on the same weekend.
    Great credit has to go to them both, to their team and to the many volunteers from Clayton and other local clubs that supported them to get the events staged so successfully.
    I told David how I admired his calmness over the full weekend. I know that I would have got a little sharp at times if our positions had been reversed, but he just calmly went about his business.

Richard Taylor
    Lancs AA Fell Secretary
    Echo all those sentiments. It was a brilliant weekend as a competitor on saturday and a spectator on Sunday, top marks to the whole organising team. Thanks to to the loacl villagers
    for hosting us in the way they do, I imagine that sometimes takes some delicate negotiation and diplomacy. It looked as though there was also a vintage motor bike rally and cycle event too.

On behalf of everyone at Rossendale Harriers I also will echo the comments above and thank everyone involved for hosting a great set of races. Thanks also to Richard for once again organising the Lancashire Fell Championships. A good day was had by all.

Rivington here we come !