Thread: Start of leg 4. Private.

Start of leg 4. Private.

When leaving the road, after exiting the car park in Wasdale you have to cross a gate marked private. Does anyone know who owns this land? Is it Joss Naylor?
    Thank you
    Paul Smith

www.10peaks.com
    The Lakes & Brecon Beacons

Looking at a map it looks like it's the National Trust. At a guess the farmer renting it is one of two: either whoever now owns/runs Bowderdale (where Joss used to farm) or Wasdale Head Hall Farm which is the farm on the other side of the lake past the NT car park.

At the moment it's used by rounds somewhat under the radar, I don't know of anyone being stopped for going that way but equally I don't think anyone has asked for permission.
    Last edited by Bob; 16-04-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    At the moment it's used by rounds somewhat under the radar, I don't know of anyone being stopped for going that way but equally I don't think anyone has asked for permission.
    Thanks Bob. The 'Joss Naylor stile' is slightly further up the hill which is what made me think it was his old farm. I was thinking of taking the 10 Peaks Xtreme up there and of course would need permission for that. Thank you for your help.
    Paul Smith

www.10peaks.com
    The Lakes & Brecon Beacons