20 Naomi Watson. Mercia. SL. 53:34
    21 Eddie Lesiak. Achille Ratti. MV55. 53:56
    22 Andrew Weaver. BHSD. SM. 54:51
    23 Celia Mills. Mercia. LV45. 55:53
    24 Jason Wright. Shropshire Shuf. SM. 56:09
    25 Racheal Kerrigen. Mercia. LV40. 56:13
    26 Bradley Gurney. Mercia. SM. 56:59
    27 Phill Hayes. Padmore Plodders. MV45. 62:02
    Never under estimate the power of the darkside of the fells.

Anyone else on this on Sunday?

A new one for me, looking forward to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Anyone else on this on Sunday?

A new one for me, looking forward to it...
    MrRTS is running :-) Lovely route. I'll be on the hill with Beau Dog and camera. It's his 5th race of his 50@50 Good luck and have fun

MrRTS (or indeed MrsRTS), if you see a guy in the red and yellow of Coventry Godiva then say hello....!

Pete

MrRTS (or indeed MrsRTS), if you see a guy in the red and yellow of Coventry Godiva then say hello....!

Pete
    Coventry Godivas. That takes me back. My mum was approached by CG and they asked if I could join them when I was 13 yrs old (a lot of years ago). Sadly we were not a very well off family and mum could not get me there from our home in Nuneaton. I had to put my talents to use just for the School instead. Track and XC ........ loved it!

I will certainly shout out an hello. :-)
    We are Buxton AC so look out for MrRTS in his two tone blue vest. (He has a full tattoo leg too so hard to miss unless he is wearing leggings lol)
    Good luck and have fun
    Sue & Nig

Wow that's some story, and I didn't realise you were from my way.... Ps I'm just down the road in Bedworth!

The membership is a lot compared to a fell club, but considering the level of the facilities, coaching and events they put on, plus almost unrestricted access to the track facilities, it's fairly good in my opinion, comparable to one months membership at a big commercial gym, for a full years membership.

Obviously I'm the only fell runner there so in general I do my own thing race-wise, although there's a few who have done the odd fell race or supported a BG attempt in the past.

Though I see Nuneaton do now have a 'harriers' club based at Pingles, which now has an athletics 'stadium'. I don't know much about them or how long they've been around, but I do see one of their guy's name pop up on the odd fell race results...
    Last edited by Travs; 21-04-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Wow that's some story, and I didn't realise you were from my way.... Ps I'm just down the road in Bedworth!
    haha, good old beduff :-) Where did you have your avatar photo taken? Looks like one of the ones I took last year at Great Lakes Fell Race. Now that is a brilliant race. MrRTS loved that one!

The avatar photo was climbing Great Gable in the Borrowdale race last year, Scafell Pike in the background.

Great Lakes race does indeed look fantastic and I've always got it on my list of races at the start of each year. That area from Scafell to Slight Side and down to Great Moss is fantastic remote country. I've ran from Eskdale up to Scafell via that ridge on an August bank hol weekend and not seen a soul... Unfortunately it comes at a very busy time of the year, and unfortunately this year I'll be otherwise engaged with the 10 Peaks.

Great race today, lovely atmosphere, and it was absolutely gorgeous sitting by the stream in the sun afterwards, watching the other runners come in.

Very tough race... What is it about Shropshire races where the final climb is always a total b*****d......!

As to the race, as usual I found the climbs in my favour, and despite all the training, I'm still losing out on the "rough but runnable" sections.

Was quite comfortably in about 12th at the top of the first climb, but the next couple of miles I dropped places constantly, and didn't start to maintain position until we started going steeply up again on the second climb. Third and final climb I started to come good, and the final descent was fantastic, I remembered it from the Long Mynd Valleys race. I was under pressure from behind and expecting to be passed at any moment, but also had half an eye on a Mercia guy in front. As it turned out I wasn't passed (the guy behind assured me I was "absolutely flying"!?!?) and I couldn't catch the guy in front as he was too quick going down. Luckily there was no need for a sprint finish on the flat last 100 yards as I had nothing in my legs, and trundled over the line for 25th...

Hello Race The Sweeper, I didn't see you, but I did see your husband on the start line, but didn't get to chat to him as we were getting the briefing. And hello Athers, well done on your race, I will say hello at the next one, but you were busy chatting today...!

Pete

I was there today too. My first race in Shropshire.
    The steep sided valleys makes for a great workout.
    Finished 18th out of 56.
    Well organised and we'll Marshalled.
    See the light in the night