Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3 runs a week

I'd rather sit on the sofa and eat crisps than do a track session.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    I'd rather sit on the sofa and eat crisps than do a track session.
    400 crisps, 75 seconds, 30 seconds rest, 400 crisps etc etc

You could ditch the rests tbh
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    Interesting, I seem to have lost a bit interest of late, due to a change of jobs etc, I was running to and from work clocking 70+ miles every week, in hindsight I think I was better when I started out running and was running 3 times a week as that is all I could manage, my plan to get back to fitness is going to be based around 3 quality runs a week, a few weeks of that then a Parkrun to measure where I am, I definitely think that less (although it has to be a quality less) is sometimes better than more, just need to get my head around a decent speed session, would rather run a 20 miler than do a track session

Good post. I imagine this is a common problem and one I've struggled with. Mileage seems to be everything. But my mate has got his 5k time down under 17 mins by , essentially, one hard track session a week. He's nearly 50. But his one session is run really hard as he is not tired by other long/quality miles. Then he recovers.

I'm trying to get a little quicker so I try to do 1 session of intervals 4x 400 metres ( fast as I can 400 steady 400 ) with a mile warm up and cool down, then a club run which is a steady pace prob 6-7 miles at 10min/mile. Then get a 7-8 miler at the weekend at about 9min/mile.
    I'll let you know in a month or so if any of my pb's get smashed!!
    Matt