Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Trackers - BG 24/25th May

Hi James,

Did Nicky provide you the GPS file or did you mark the route yourself? I am hoping to do the Ramsay myself later this year.

Thanks

_|_
    ./\.

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by howfast View Post
    None from me this weekend.. not to say not a few out there.

Following weekend looks like it could be a little busy around Moot Hall with 6 trackers out on BG's

Nicky Spinks is out on a Ramsay this weekend http://maps.opentracking.co.uk/spinks14.cfm
    Great stuff! That nicky ramsay will do just fine!!!

Which way round is she planning to go? Coming to which is it a record attempt or just "getting round", not that just "getting round" is her style!

Adnan...suggest you hit up ydt - I suspect he has all the small dodges and trods down to a fine art on all of these rounds, no doubt on his GPS

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post
    Great stuff! That nicky ramsay will do just fine!!!

Which way round is she planning to go? Coming to which is it a record attempt or just "getting round", not that just "getting round" is her style!

Adnan...suggest you hit up ydt - I suspect he has all the small dodges and trods down to a fine art on all of these rounds, no doubt on his GPS
    Thanks Mike. I have been in touch with Yiannis and has already got his GPS. I did a reccie back in April and the GPS was spot on.

_|_
    ./\.

Nicky has already done the Ramsay: she did it in 2008 going clockwise in 22:32 and is Number 45. From a quick perusal of the finishers list there are only 18 faster than her at the moment and only two other women have done it: Jane Meeks and Helene Diamantides who has the women's record of 20:24. As an indication of how good Helene's time is, only four people have gone faster!

I notice that there was a successful round last weekend by Ed Gamble
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Anybody know the rough ETAs on the 3 checkpoints?

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by JanSoLo View Post
    Anybody know the rough ETAs on the 3 checkpoints?
    Don't know. The tracker has appeared in roybridge.

Some details of the route look interesting to me - take the line shown up binean mor on the inside of the NE spur rather than a Raking traverse up NW spur which seemed to be the natural line, for which there was a trod, although granted NE looks shorter but steeper...tho it is over ten years since I did a few trips there. Interested to see it on a tracker!

Don't know. The tracker has appeared in roybridge.

Some details of the route look interesting to me - take the line shown up binean mor on the inside of the NE spur rather than a Raking traverse up NW spur which seemed to be the natural line, for which there was a trod, although granted NE looks shorter but steeper...tho it is over ten years since I did a few trips there. Interested to see it on a tracker!
    she is using the campsite I take clients to it's called Bunroy it's brilliant cheap, quiet, clean and awesome showers.
    We used it for Joe Manns round last year and it's become a regular base since as it's easy to get to fersit and the other bothies.

Unless she's changed it she was planning on clockwise round.

Not got the cp time but she is in top form, alas I am working this weekend so couldn't help on this round but I did leg one last time she did it. she was fast then so I fear for the supporters ....

2,00am start....

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    she is using the campsite I take clients to it's called Bunroy it's brilliant cheap, quiet, clean and awesome showers.
    We used it for Joe Manns round last year and it's become a regular base since as it's easy to get to fersit and the other bothies.

Unless she's changed it she was planning on clockwise round.

Not got the cp time but she is in top form, alas I am working this weekend so couldn't help on this round but I did leg one last time she did it. she was fast then so I fear for the supporters ....

2,00am start....
    Thanks IDP - just realised there is your other thread, so let's keep it together on that. Any idea of her target time?

Thanks IDP - just realised there is your other thread, so let's keep it together on that. Any idea of her target time?
    around sub 20 hours I think. The record is the first target though ,there may be others....