Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishwicking

Fishwicking

Im thinking of Fishwicking this weekend. Duddon short on Saturday then Coniston Gullies on Sunday. However, I know these are very diluted Fishwicks. I think I'm right in saying that DF did 13 races in 12 days once.

Have any of you been Fishwicked lately or contemplated/contemplating Fishwicking?
    Last edited by fellephant; 28-05-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Banned
    I did a mini Fishwick the other weekend.
    Segbergh Gala Saturday afternoon & Lantern Pike Dash Sunday morning.

Not got up to any dafter yet though.

A proper Fishwick would be to do the Long Duddon, then Coniston Gullies!

In the old days, Long Duddon + Muncaster was a good combination. Muncaster was 10 miles with a wade across the Esk in the middle.

Had some cracking battles with Darren.one of the nicest men I've ever met (until you pass him in a race).Turns up to every race no matter how tired ill or injured.that man loves a good fight.after over 20 years in the boxing game I can honestly say he's also one of the hardest men I've ever met.anyone who can run a 7 mile fell race in shoes 2 sizes too small after a night shift has got my respect.Darren is for me what this wonderful sport is all about.

Wasdale Show on Saturday followed by Windgather on Sunday last October was my only attempt. Poor in comparison but it's all I've got up to now.

Done a bit of Fishwicking with the great man himself.Buckden pike/Connoly and Embsay/Beefys nab.it bloody hurts.hes done 3 in a day before.he's a logistics expert.

Langdale is the same day as Wasdale Show this year. I'm wondering if it's possible to do Langdale at 11am and get over to the Wasdale Show races which start at 3pm.

I did race to the summit Saturday morning then straight to cross country, with withins on the Sunday morning, which was my best of the 3 runs. Could have added a park run to make it 3 races in a day, may do this yer if the dates match again.

Dan

Ps you have to be going well to beat Darren been a while for me

Rise Hill (Dent) and Burnsall on Saturday 23 August must be Fishwick-able?

Tour Of Norland Moor and Grasmere Guides on Sunday 24 August to make a weekend of it?

Master
    September.
    Coombs Tor (1 hr) - Transition (1 hr) - Padfield Plum Fair Scamper ( 1 hr) - Chillout - Coal sack race (2 minutes) was fun for 2 years whilst it lasted.
    http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...ghlight=coombs
    Sadly both Coombs and Padfield seem destined to fall off the calendar for different reasons.