Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishwicking

Super Moderator
    Gargrave BOFRA / Burnsall Classic or 10 miler is Fishwickable in a day. Hebden LDWA / Stanbury Splash is a decent weekend as was Four Lakeland Passes / Heptonstall. Malcolm Cole has done a Howarth Hobble / Spen 20'er; proper Fishwicking stuff
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Did the OCT then Glaramara the day after get Fishwicked? Most of us had a week off after OCT..

I genuinely hope 'Fishwicking' from now on becomes a term for gaining man points...ive always thought you can never race too much. If the missus says 'but you raced yesterday' to me now i just say, i bet Daz has done 3 this week. :-) Love it.
    "You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back"

Is Three Shires followed by Dalehead still a Fishwicking option?

I'm planning on 'Doing a Fishwick' over the next few days (permission not entirely granted as yet...): Long Duddon, 'gullies, Blencathra, Ennerdale. Needless to say, I'm not taking any (esp' Ennerdale), that serious...

Phil

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Winskill View Post
    I'm planning on 'Doing a Fishwick' over the next few days (permission not entirely granted as yet...): Long Duddon, 'gullies, Blencathra, Ennerdale. Needless to say, I'm not taking any (esp' Ennerdale), that serious...

Phil
    Solid Fishwickage
    Poacher turned game-keeper

That's some cracking 'Fishwicking' that Phil. Nice. The man himself will be proud.

Can I claim a 'Fishwick' for Ennerdale on Saturday followed by stage 1 of Le Tour on Sunday? The 2nd one is only a cycle sportive not an actual race but it's still 120 miles? Or does my attempted inclusion of a non-competitive, non fell running element deserve nothing more than a summary execution at dawn?

I went for a long run yesterday followed by a couple of hours gardening. I suppose that's more 'Kenny Stuarting'.
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

Just spotted this on the Jura website, I think a worthy claim of a Fishwick!

A wee note on a something well worthy of a big dram if not a Jura glass to hold it in... Deeside's Nick Mardell completed the race in around 4.40 odds, but he enjoyed it so much he ran around again, with just a quick feed in between! His second round was approx 7.45 finishing at about 12.50am hands aloft under the finishing banner!!!

Perhaps that could be set as the new Jura record - something to aim at for those who only completed the Half-Jura race!!!