Thread: Mourne Skyline MTR

Mourne Skyline MTR

This looked appealing until I read "the route will be very well marked" and heard talk of "feed stations"... oh and the fact it costs £35 to enter..

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Harrison View Post
    This looked appealing until I read "the route will be very well marked" and heard talk of "feed stations"... oh and the fact it costs £35 to enter..
    Thats sky running though, its what makes it different to fell running.. 150 people * 35... that money will soon go, paraphenalia around the start and finish, food stations etc...

I quite like the buzz of the bigger races, also love the small low key gather in a field races... just different.

The main issue is the clash with the Relays.. but the calendar is so full these days with trail races, fell, ultras and mountain marathons clashes are inevitable...

Before people get too critical of the costs go and do a race like Siere Zinal, as long as the British races really do provide that and not just expensive marked fell races I think they could be a success....

"I quite like the buzz of the bigger races, also love the small low key gather in a field races... just different."

That's very true Iain, likewise I love true fell running but the buzz of a "Commercial" Race is also a great feeling, just different. Feed stations and marking just add to the different experience, its also not billed as fell race its a SkyRunning event.

Cost is also an emotive subject, my last "cheap" Lakeland fell race cost over £300 by the time travel costs are taken into account.
    Good going down !!